Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

♫ Your favourite Stock Aitken Waterman song.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Poor show from NSC:-

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Loved showing out, easily the best SAW song.

I always preferred Respectable but both are cracking tunes. A real shame that Mel Appleby died so young, she was stunning.

I reckon I can narrow my favourite SAW hits down to 3 and in no particular order. All of those are stone cold classics.

1. Bananarama - Venus
2. Dona Summer - This Time I Know It's For Real
3. Kylie - I Should Be So Lucky.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A bit of SAW trivia, the Neneh Cherry song 'Buffalo Stance' started out life as an SAW b-side.

Another bit of SAW trivia - if anyone has any Kylie or Rick Astley records and a record player that plays at 45 and 33 rpm - playing a Kylie 45 at 33 sounds just like Rick Astley and vice versa. It's not just similar it's spot on.

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
A bit of SAW trivia, the Neneh Cherry song 'Buffalo Stance' started out life as an SAW b-side.

Another bit of SAW trivia - if anyone has any Kylie or Rick Astley records and a record player that plays at 45 and 33 rpm - playing a Kylie 45 at 33 sounds just like Rick Astley and vice versa. It's not just similar it's spot on.
would never have realised that buffalo stance was SAW, i remember they released roadblock as a white label import and had a bit of a chuckle when they told everyone when all the DJs had been playing it for weeks and music snobs had been raving about it .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
would never have realised that buffalo stance was SAW, i remember they released roadblock as a white label import and had a bit of a chuckle when they told everyone when all the DJs had been playing it for weeks and music snobs had been raving about it .

You're spot on with the music snobbery. It used to piss Pete Waterman off so much and he had a point. It's about making pop music that people listen to and he was a genius at that. I think that Reynolds Girls tune was another joke they made at the expense of their critics.

Do you remember the Hitman and Her TV show?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You're spot on with the music snobbery. It used to piss Pete Waterman off so much and he had a point. It's about making pop music that people listen to and he was a genius at that. I think that Reynolds Girls tune was another joke they made at the expense of their critics.

Do you remember the Hitman and Her TV show?
"behave, behave" him and michaela strachan , remember occasionally watching it when I found sleep "difficult " after getting in on a Saturday night !

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Neneh Cherry doing Buffalo Stance really did it for me.

Does this count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buffalo Stance - Neneh Cherry
Released 28 November 1988

Writers: Neneh Cherry, Cameron McVey, Jamie Morgan, Phillip Ramacon, Jamie Morgan, Phillip Ramacon
Producers: Tim Simenon ("Bomb the Bass") and Mark Saunders

Doesn't look like it.

Jul 7, 2003
Divine's 'I'm So Beautiful' or 'You Think You're A Man' - very early SAW work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here