Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Your favourite Sixties songs

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All of them - an amazing decade to be a teenager in, I realise just how fortunate I was.

The variety was amazing, as the choices on this thread shows!

Last edited:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I remember as a kid listening to my moms 60s collection in the 80s and thinking it odd to listen to music over 20 yrs old, surely it's out of date

And now, over 40 years of kraftwerk, 25 years since Goldies Timeless, nearly 30 years since Unfinished Sympathy, 25 year old Definitely Maybe, Firestarter is 21...
Feeling old...

Oh and acid house and drum and bass are older than most people I work with. I digress

60s, let's go A Whiter Shade of Pale, Procol Harum
https://youtu.be/Mb3iPP-tHdA

And this of course
https://youtu.be/f7McpVPlidc

Last edited:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I really could post all night on this thread, but the Stones for me echoed all that was amazing about this period - and they must have been so good to exist still today.

https://youtu.be/09YkI8jL7gU

A little known and played number by them, released as a single in the USA but not in the UK.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You wouldn’t get that released today

As an aside, have you ever seen the lyrics to ‘ Tonight’s the night’ by Rod Stewart?
I think Garry Glitter had a songwriting credit on it, it’s very creepy, and I say that as a 60 year old man.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All of them - an amazing decade to be a teenager in, I realise just how fortunate I was.

I could’ve missed out altogether on the decade’s music, being just an infant in the late 60’s. But my Dad loved pop music, Radio 1, The Beatles, The Stones, The Who and so on. Passing that passion on to us kids.

Definitely a defining decade, where pop and rock was transformed in so many ways. Even the yanks admitted that Lennon, McCartney, Richards, Jagger were the catalyst, throwing out all the old conformities. Creative geniuses.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I could’ve missed out altogether on the decade’s music, being just an infant in the late 60’s. But my Dad loved pop music, Radio 1, The Beatles, The Stones, The Who and so on. Passing that passion on to us kids.

Definitely a defining decade, where pop and rock was transformed in so many ways. Even the yanks admitted that Lennon, McCartney, Richards, Jagger were the catalyst, throwing out all the old conformities. Creative geniuses.

I heard an interview with Ginger Baker, as part of his epitaph, where he said they called themselves Cream, because he was the cream of all the drummers, Clapton was the cream of all guitarists, and Jack Bruce was the cream of all bassists.

Can’t really agree with any of that( except maybe Jack Bruce)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

.... and a touch of Ray Davies.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I loath the music of Status Quo (good blokes though), other than this beauty:

Ouch ! I rather love the music of Status Quo ( About 14 albums worth ) OTHER than this ! This was turd !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here