Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite saying ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lightening the mood what is your favourite saying ? Maybe something you are known for , by people for using regularly, even in an obssessive way or just something that tickles your fancy.

I like the phrase " cooking on gas ", I think the description for an attractive Woman as " flange " is quite good, is this sexist ? and I was using the phrase " what's occuring " in the 1980's a full 2 decades before Ness started saying it.

Last edited:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
anyone who says "to die for" in front of me gets a slap . ohhh vanessa that choccywokky doodaa was so to die for ....... yeh you will die bitch

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
"At the end of the day"

:rolleyes:

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
"Assumption is the mother of all f***ups", is one of my favourites, normally aimed at my wife when she assumes i know what she is talking about.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My other half (English teacher) can't stand the completely pointless and over-used phrase "To be honest" as it implies that you usually don't speak honestly but on this occasion you are.

Anyway back to Uncle's thread and it's "Shiver me timbers" for me as you well know Unc!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
'All right Terry Fuckwit, have we forgot to take our Lithium today" ? Is my personal favourite !!!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
"What the f***'s that all about?" (My favourite saying & not a criticism of the this thread)

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
"Never shove your granny when she's shaving"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When someone is leaving, I quite often say "thanks for popping in". Even if they've been with me all day.

I do this at work, in pubs, in life generally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here