Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Your favourite pub or bar.

Too many to mention, but the Red Lion in Snargate on Romney Marsh was (and hopefully still is) a gem, the perfect village pub with a lovely garden. The landlady was a former land girl in her 80s who was insufferably rude and profoundly deaf (you had to literally shout your orders at her). I think she's passed on now, unfortuantely.

View attachment 146365

View attachment 146366

Just checked - seems to be still around, family owned and even has a website!
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attra...views-The_Red_Lion-Snargate_Kent_England.html

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
no mate , im thinking of the one that was at some time called the swiss cottage , big , posh gaff about half a km west of st marys church.way after my time .

Ahh I think I know where you mean, it was a small hotel, with a cellar bar, when i was in Worthing.
I lived in a flat in Park Crescent before moving to Cobden road - used to duck into the cellar bar a bit.

The thing I loved about living there was you had the Cobden, Jolly Brewers and the Hotel Cellar bar all in staggering distance from home.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Ahh I think I know where you mean, it was a small hotel, with a cellar bar, when i was in Worthing.
I lived in a flat in Park Crescent before moving to Cobden road - used to duck into the cellar bar a bit.

The thing I loved about living there was you had the Cobden, Jolly Brewers and the Hotel Cellar bar all in staggering distance from home.

Think the one with the cellar bar may be the old Beechwood hall hotel,currently a recently renovated Brewhouse place.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It doesn't even include the excellent, if slow, The Walrus on Ship Street.

That’s what I noticed. I rate that pub highly. Also, if you want a treat, pop down to the basement venue there on most Saturday nights.

It speeds up a bit ;-)

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
287168600.gallery.jpg

Turks Head, St Helens. My local and a brilliant pub!

Yoda

English & European
used to be the globe...?? end of the tunnel by home field pk..?

As I said only four minutes before your original question:

Was my local (The Castle Ale House and was even called that in some way or form when it first opened it's doors, so lost it heritage) and my darts teams venue, until they decided they didn't want us during renovation. Won't step foot back in there the way we were treated. They originally told the previous owner that they would be no issues with us staying there. Bumped into one of the old regulars the other day and he's not impressed with what they've done either.

Seems fine if you want a decent craft beer but apart from that......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here