Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite Paul Simon songs

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As with most big stars, it's the early stuff that counts - the stuff that got them noticed and made them into household names in the first place. After that, much of it is pretty meh (and I'm not just referring to Paul Simon here).

So for me:
Homeward Bound, The Sound of Silence, America and The Boxer. If I never hear the rest again, I won't be greatly bothered.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As mentioned above, Homeward Bound. An exceptional song .

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Late In The Evening, Mother & Child Reunion, So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright, Something So Right. Hated most of Graceland.

On the subject of the New Jersey Turnpike, I was once in a people carrier in a huge traffic jam there on the way to a game at Giants Stadium one evening when one of our number, who had been drinking all day in various Manhattan hostelries, realised that his bladder had reached critical mass. He slid open a door, ran out into the stationary traffic and disappeared into the darkness beyond the tarmac. He certainly hadn't gone to look for America,

Needless to say the traffic chose that moment to start moving and our driver explained that he had to move with it. Big Dave finally made it to the stadium about half-way through the 4th quarter. Can't hear that song without that image coming to mind.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Not a massive Paul Simon fan but I do love you can call me Al and diamond on the soles of her shoes

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
The Only Living Boy In New York is my favourite but there are so many. A great songwriter up there with McCartney for me. So Beautiful or So What is a great album.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
My favourite album of his is Paul Simon - the one with him in a parka on the sleeve. Nearly every track is really good, but for some reason this is one that comes into my head at odd moments.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Late in the evening....especially one of the live versions (central park 1981?) are superb.

Kodachrome, 50 ways to leave your lover, Still crazy after all these years and Boy in the bubble are among my favourites. All his early stuff with Art is superb.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Interesting! 'Bridge over troubled water' must be one of the greatest songs ever written. I also love 'Mother and child reunion'. I lost all respect for the guy when he rhymed funny with money on one album, and funny with Sonny on another.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Interesting! 'Bridge over troubled water' must be one of the greatest songs ever written. I also love 'Mother and child reunion'. I lost all respect for the guy when he rhymed funny with money on one album, and funny with Sonny on another.

Imagine if he had rhymed funny with Bunny.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The bloke is so far up his own buttocks it's unbelievable. He thinks he is the greatest thing since creation. Having said that, I am a huge fan of any Simon and Garfunkel music. I just find him intolerable. I'm sure he likes me too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here