Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite part of London ?

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Yeah I work at St Pancras Hospital and it's getting a lot better. Still not braved the Cock (pub) in Summerstown yet though!!

"The Cock" has often been our last pint on the way back to Euston, no problems & sometimes they've been known to fetch (free) sandwiches over......is it supposed to be a pub to avoid ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I ran those 3 pubs in the 60s and all the customers who lived in the Prince Regents Lane area considered themselves true East Londoners, perhaps they were all wrong. It was London E16 then.
They were , they just werent east enders.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Bottom of Brick Lane down by Whitechapel.

Still retains some of the old charm away from the nouveau types and there's still some cracking pubs down there.

Oh and Tayyabs!
Never understood the fuss over tayyabs

theboybilly

I lived in SE London for the first 30 years of my life. On my occasional visits north of the river I don't remember anybody referring to themselves as an 'Eastender'. I'm sure this title has only really been in existence since 1985

My favourite part of London will always be Blackheath Village. Plumstead, my hometown, has sadly changed out of all recognition

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Used to love Charing Cross Road for all the second hand bookshops. Sadly very few are left now.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Try telling Harry Rednap that or any of the then dockers who worked in the Victoria Docks and drunk in The Connaught Central or Galleons pubs that they are not Eastend Londoners

Why do you not get anything mate. I sometimes think you are a spoof account. The East end and east London are different things. I would dig up my lighterman grandad to tell you as well but he wouldn't be impressed.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I have rediscovered my affection for the place after many years of loathing the sight of it.

I am sure that this is completely due to the fact that I no longer have to commute to work there!

As long as you have the time and money to just wander about and do what you want there cannot be any place on Earth with as much to amuse/fascinate/horrify you as London. (I think I have just paraphrased Dr Johnston).

This pretty much sums up my feelings for the place too - having commuted to London on two occasions in my life (the first for two and the second for fourteen years) I came to hate it but, since I no longer commute, it's become a lot more pleasurable.
The one problem is that there's just too many people about . . .

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
This pretty much sums up my feelings for the place too - having commuted to London on two occasions in my life (the first for two and the second for fourteen years) I came to hate it but, since I no longer commute, it's become a lot more pleasurable.
The one problem is that there's just too many people about . . .

Too many people about? That's part of the charm for me.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
London is wonderful

Its one of those cities that has hidden gems everywhere that take a lifetime to discover and explore.

Dont think i could ever get bored of it.

Love Shepherds Market

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Stratford where I lived for ten years, ya cant beat the East End my old China Plates.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
My favourite part of London is that bit in the GI Joe movie when they drop a tungsten rod on it from orbit. Made the (utterly shite) movie worth watching just to see that cesspit rent asunder.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6960993 said:

When I lived in New Cross, I used to enjoy a good walk to Hilly Fields and the surrounding roads - very nice. I expect it's ridiculously expensive now though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love parts of the East End like Shoreditch and Hoxton. Although today it's a mix of Hipsters and the original cockneys.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
I love the peace and tranquillity of the London Parks - love the 7Km Princess Diana memorial walk taking in St.James park .Green park, Hyde Park - Serpentine and Kensington Gardens lots to see on the way

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
"The Cock" has often been our last pint on the way back to Euston, no problems & sometimes they've been known to fetch (free) sandwiches over......is it supposed to be a pub to avoid ?

Really? Very Interesting..just looks really rough, probably a decent crowd in there then. Love the way on the blackboard outside to publicise the Sky games, 'Celtic' is painted on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here