Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your favourite Marvel comic character?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I enjoy the dynamic of Cable's grumpy Danny Glover to Deadpool's crazy Mel Gibson.

Come to think of it, any Deadpool team up is fun. The Hawkeye one for AvX was great.

Anyway, I have a lot of time for Agent Venom too - I'm quite partial to an anti-hero it seems.

How did I forget Hawkeye?! He's a top character (and I quite like his replacement/sidekick as well).

Did you see the Zenpool stuff from Axis? That was very entertaining, just sadly very short lived. Much like Carnage trying to be a 'good guy' by burning down a bank, so no one can rob it again. Lovely stuff.

I tried to convince Lady GFH that Jr GFH should be called Wade or Nate...no joy...

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Did you see the Zenpool stuff from Axis? That was very entertaining, just sadly very short lived. Much like Carnage trying to be a 'good guy' by burning down a bank, so no one can rob it again. Lovely stuff.

I tried to convince Lady GFH that Jr GFH should be called Wade or Nate...no joy...

I'll check it out if it's on Marvel Unlimited. I got given a subscription a couple of months ago and I've barely scratched the surface.

Also, my GF has said she likes the idea of our first born being called Clark. For her it would be along the lines of Clark Gable; for me, Clark Kent. Wade wouldn't work as, well, the kid would have exactly the same name as Deadpool...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I've always enjoyed DC comics more. Your Batmans and your Punishers.
Although I do like Wolverine and Iron Man.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'll check it out if it's on Marvel Unlimited. I got given a subscription a couple of months ago and I've barely scratched the surface.

Also, my GF has said she likes the idea of our first born being called Clark. For her it would be along the lines of Clark Gable; for me, Clark Kent. Wade wouldn't work as, well, the kid would have exactly the same name as Deadpool...
I'm not sure if it is, however, you can find many places to download comics on t'web...if I bought all the ones I own I'd be destitute!

Well...it's not Marvel but it'll do! I did manage to get a Marvel related name in the end, though I'm loathe to post it on here (if you're actually interested I can PM it to you).
I've always enjoyed DC comics more. Your Batmans and your Punishers.
Although I do like Wolverine and Iron Man.
Um...Punisher is very much Marvel...

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Season two of Netflix's excellent Daredevil (if you haven't seen it then I highly recommend you check it out) has been dubbed Daredevil vs Punisher

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Season two of Netflix's excellent Daredevil (if you haven't seen it then I highly recommend you check it out) has been dubbed Daredevil vs Punisher
Just a bit of a shame about the casting of the Punisher really, at least as far as I'm concerned anyway.

Still going to watch it because bloody brilliant, fairly unpredictable as it's already gone well 'off-comic' and, most importantly, some of those easter eggs/mentions in first season have to come to fruition soon...surely?!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Ben Grimm aka The Thing from the original Fantastic Four stories from the comic book and NOT the Hollywood films.

Villain wise Prince Namor Submariner

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Ben Grimm aka The Thing from the original Fantastic Four stories from the comic book and NOT the Hollywood films.

Villain wise Prince Namor Submariner
That's two historical picks right there, very old school!

Think you can probably put Namor down as an anti-hero as well...sort of.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

Have you seen the trailer for the Fantastic Four reboot that comes out soon? Thoughts?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Have you seen the trailer for the Fantastic Four reboot that comes out soon? Thoughts?

No I haven't and seems a bit too soon for a reboot. Don't get me wrong I really like the first film but the special effects of a movie kind of push the characterization achieved in the original comics into the background.

Just watched it and certainly seems to include a lot of " Clobbering Time"

Last edited:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
After I posted I thought my labelling of Namor was wrong mainly because I forgot about him and Sue Storm.
In all fairness he's probably the most 'anti' of the anti-heroes.

I wish that Marvel could get him into their films but realistically his rights will belong with either the FF or X-men. Neither of which are held by Marvel/Disney.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
After I posted I thought my labelling of Namor was wrong mainly because I forgot about him and Sue Storm.

He was cast as an anti-hero/good-guy in the Invaders Series - a sort of WW11 Avengers team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here