Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Your favourite journey

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
In 1976 when I was 17 I took a train from Moscow, where my dad worked for 2 years, to Helsinki. Soviet soldiers boarded the train at about 6am with machine guns and checked all passengers and every part of the train. Then it was about an hour of travelling through a no-mans’s land of forest and barbed wire and before reaching a small Finnish station which had seemingly gone out of its way to be a contrast to what we had come from with the smell of freshly brewed coffee drifting across the platform, cakes and pastries, flowers everywhere and people smiling. I went on a few Soviet trains and they were always an experience but crossing the border between East and West was memorable.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
A couple spring to mind
Whilst living alone in Mallorca as my wife had returned for a month, I was feeling very low. Went out for a walk in the village and so many peolpe just said 'hola' and smiled, even though I knew none of them. Really made me smile again.
We love going to Morrocco in winter (£450 all incl for 10 nights!!) but never thought about going to the Atlas mountains. Went once and unbelievable views.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here