[Film] Your favourite courtroom based film.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess, much like @The Clamp, I'm more of a sucker for court room films than I thought.

Not much on here I've not seen, I think Erin Brockovich is the biggest hole in my viewing library.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Argentina 1985. Bloody awesome true story from last year. Well someone's got to prosecute the Generals once democracy is restored. (On Prime)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
12 angry men is one of my favourite films of all time. I even enjoyed the 90s remake with Jack Lemmon and George C Scott (among other big names).

I had a bit of a John Grisham phase, enjoying A Time to Kill, The Client, The Chamber, The Rainmaker

Recently watched Witness for the Prosecution and enjoyed it.

There's a fun japanese film based on a video game that can count - Ace Attorney.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Several that haven't been mentioned yet

Saint Omer (on Mubi)
The Caine Mutiny
The Verdict

but All the Good Men - i've watched about 10 times.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Is it cheating to mention my favourite film of all time (which I may have mentioned previously, ahem) has much of it building up to an Appeal against a death sentence and the last part of it devoted to the Court Scene?

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Is it cheating to mention my favourite film of all time (which I may have mentioned previously, ahem) has much of it building up to an Appeal against a death sentence and the last part of it devoted to the Court Scene?
Many great ones mentioned. I'd add
The Winslow Boy (1948 version starring Robert Donat)
Adam's Rib (Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's annoying when you go through a thread and 3 posts from the end someone has named that film!!

I'd go for The Verdict, 12 Angry Men and probably A Few Good Men. There are plenty others and I always enjoy a good courtroom drama. Whatever happened to Crown Court.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports