Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Your favourite city in the world

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
munich and copenhagen for me

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Most cities are sh*tholes IMO. Too many people, too close together.

If I HAD to choose would probably be Barcelona.

Ljubljana seems pleasant and Lima had some good things going for it.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Good shout for Copenhagen.

genuinely looked into moving there at one point but was put off by reports of it being quite hard for non-danes to find well paid work (and it's obviously very expensive)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think you only really know a place when you have lived there. A couple of weeks on holiday gives a completely artificial perception of what a city is really like. On that basis I would go for Singapore. Brilliant base for doing business and holidays. Great food but not just the tourist traps. We loved just nipping into our local hawker centre on the way home from work for a $3 meal. The city also works ie good transport system, safety, shopping, healthcare and nightlife.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I think you only really know a place when you have lived there. A couple of weeks on holiday gives a completely artificial perception of what a city is really like. On that basis I would go for Singapore. Brilliant base for doing business and holidays. Great food but not just the tourist traps. We loved just nipping into our local hawker centre on the way home from work for a $3 meal. The city also works ie good transport system, safety, shopping, healthcare and nightlife.

Do you mean Hawker Chan's. if so, isnt that the only michelin starred hawker centre in the world, its in some shopping mall in Chinatown. Always a massive queue when ive been there.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Do you mean Hawker Chan's. if so, isnt that the only michelin starred hawker centre in the world, its in some shopping mall in Chinatown. Always a massive queue when ive been there.

We lived just off Bukit Timah, then near Serangoon and finally near the West Coast at Pasir Panjang. All had good local hawkers and restaurants. No Michelin stars, just local food. We did occasionally go to Newton for seafood barbecue. More expensive as it is for the tourists but we had a favourite stall that was amazing. Actually, now you mention it there are some very good shopping mall hawkers as well. What’s the one at Orchard called ? One thing they all have in common is the convention of putting a packet of tissues on the table to reserve it. Works in a place as civilized as Singapore.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ecuadorville.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Between Paris & Amsterdam for me but between the two I will always go back to Paris for the walk through Les Tuileries and the Ile de la Cite.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Even though I have only visited there twice(Once for a wedding and another for vacation) I would have to say Basseterre in Saints Kitts is it for me. Gorgeous place, locals are awesome, food is amazing, peaceful, etc. I hate whenever I had to leave, and deffo see it as a retirement destination. Helps also that English is the official language. Highly recommend if you have never been. Charlestown on the island of Nevis is fantastic too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh…and I visit Barcelona every year at least once so I should include this city I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here