Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your favourite acting drunk performance (TV or Film)

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Apologies for taking thread in a darker direction but when it comes to greatest drunk acting is has to be Nicholas Cage in ' Leaving Las Vegas '. Such a powerful performance and my god every time I've watched it, it puts me off booze. The irony being that I'm hardly the world's biggest drinker. Fancy sailing through dry January? Watch this late December and it will be a doddle!

I had forgotten about this film. I went to St Andrews to visit some mates while at university. We all bought a bottle of wine each and sat to watch that film. At first the banter was flying, by the end you could have heard a pin drop and everyone was staring morosely into their full glasses with no one drinking any more.

Didn’t last long too be fair we were soon back on it but I’ve never forgotten that moment!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Close enough - I show no remorse for posting this for the bazillionth time.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ray Milland - The Lost Weekend

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I had forgotten about this film. I went to St Andrews to visit some mates while at university. We all bought a bottle of wine each and sat to watch that film. At first the banter was flying, by the end you could have heard a pin drop and everyone was staring morosely into their full glasses with no one drinking any more.

Didn’t last long too be fair we were soon back on it but I’ve never forgotten that moment!

Phew! Glad it wasn't just me. I note that a few posts back someone mentions Stephen Graham in ' The Virtues '. We watched about 30 mins and my wife said it was not for her. I was tempted to revisit on my own but then thought twice as didn't want to go on any vaguely similar journey to Leaving Las Vegas. And the whole irony being that compared to a few mates I'm virtually tea total ???

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Bringing it bang up to date Michaela Coel's performance's as drunk Arabella in the first few eps of 'I May Destroy You' have been superb.

Though Arabella was ripping through the Persian Rugs at the same time so I'm not sure if it counts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here