Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favorite road name in Sussex only

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Over Crowborough way near A22. Tom tit street

That was the first one that sprang into my mind, it has always fascinated me ever since I was little and holidays to the West always involved the jolly old A272 past it. Does anyone know how the name was derived? Lord B knows about this sort of thing I think.

Ecmod Road in Eastbourne has always amused me. There are also a number of cul-de-sacs in Langney called Close 1, Close 2, Close 3 etc etc which you have to admire for the sheer lack of imagination.
I don't know the answer to the Slugwash Lane question, but I do know that Ecmod Road is named after the Eastbourne Corporation Motor Omnibus Department, which used to garage its buses there.

ECMOD was the world's first municipally owned bus company, btw, but it was sold to Stagecoach a few years back. The depot in now in Birch Road.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Tidy Street in Brighton

Randiddles Close in Hurstpierpoint

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Whipping Post Lane. Rottingdean.

Named as such because it's where they used to tie women and beat them if they were suspected of witchcraft.

Ironically, there was found to be a S&M themed brothel operating in that road a few years back.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Manhood Lane, Siddlesham

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Langridge Drive, Portslade, Langridge Close, Crowborough.
Nice to have a road named after you.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quite a fan of Freeks Lane in Burgess Hill.

The name, if not the street.

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
Queens Road - Crowborough, for the simple reason it's where I used to live. Alice Bright Lane always hold a fascination, I think more for the ghost stories

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here