Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your current reckoning for the playoffs?

Brighton in the playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think we'll beat Wednesday, and more comfortably than many might think. We are unbeaten in 14, they've won 1 in 7, we have second leg advantage, and by far the most important fact is that we've just played two high intensity matches against top six class opposition so are likely to be at that level from the off.

A narrow win at Hillsborough I think (or probably a draw as we NEVER win there), and a surprisingly routine home win - 2-0, maybe 3-0.

Sadly though, I think Hull will beat us at Wembley.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have been saying for a fair few weeks, as nobody is steaming into 6th place with unbelievable form, the top 3 will go up irrespective as to which one goes via Wembley.

Now it's here, all that bravado seems to be evaporating fast.
Wednesday will be itching to get at us on Friday, and I'm not in the slightest bit confident. (which is good news!!)

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I have such a bad feeling now about Wednesday but, I am normally wrong. If we did get passed, think it will be us & Hull and we can beat them.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The history of our previous serious 4 attempts (including Saturday) for promotion to the top tier since the 90's suggests that we will fail. However, Chris and his team have the resilience, skill, courage and damn right balls to pull this off. We just need an absence of bad luck (note: I don't say good luck as we are the best team as defined by the table). We'll do it. Keep believing #together

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think we'll beat Wednesday, and more comfortably than many might think. We are unbeaten in 14, they've won 1 in 7,
So a draw then; just like the other two games against them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
IF we get to the final, I think we'd have a decent chance against Hull but Derby seem to have a real hoodoo over us.
Yeah and we never win in October.

This year they haven't beaten us. Last year we were awful, but beat them 2-0 at home. The year before they were better than us, but not long ago I seem to remember Vicente and Kaz tearing them a new one, when they were lucky to lose by only 1.

The history of our previous serious 4 attempts (including Saturday) for promotion to the top tier since the 90's suggests that we will fail.
No they don't. The fact the 3 teams out of 4 fail every year suggests, no, guarantees that most of us will fail.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I have never seen Brighton play at Wembley, so if we could get there I'd be very happy. Not even considered what could happen if we got there, would just like to even get to the point.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
After a lifetime of disappointment watching the Albion I am not very optimistic. Whenever we seem to reach a milestone it somehow goes wrong. First matches in the old first and second division we were slaughtered. FA Cup final..need I say more. 3 disappointing play offs. So why should this campaign be any better, especially after the way we lost at Boro?

Just maybe this time could be different. On paper we are the best side in the play offs and we have a great manager with a team surely wanting to do the business. I hope my pessimism is unfounded.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
SWFC 2 v 0 Albion
Albion 1 v 0 SWFC

Can't see the players being able to lift themselves for this one, every credit if they do, but to my it's like running a marathon and being asked to do a lap of honour!

Jan 30, 2008
The laws of probability assure that you will be right some of the time, then you can come back on here and tell us how clever you are. That must really make your day. It must be quite a sad life you lead when your only happiness is gloating over the unhappiness of others.
As [MENTION=33649]darkwolf666[/MENTION] said 17000 posts of negativity.

well, looking at the vote so far i'm not alone ???
regards
DR

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I stated last month that i considered Burnley and Boro would get automatic promotion with Sheffield Wed winning the playoffs,if anybody had forecast what a much improved season it would be for us they would have got a very attractive odds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here