Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your bottom 3. Mid Season edition.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
As much as this thread cries out for putting someone rogue in there, I just think the current bottom three are gone. Sheffield United, West Brom and Fulham. Bye bye.

Agree they are far and away favourites. But (aside from Sheff Utd) not gone yet.

6pts or so is totally recoverable at half way through the season. Lots of points to play for yet.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If wolves don't buy a striker they could find themselves in the mix. Against us and wba they were rubbish.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Sheffield United is nailed on.
West Brom, I can't see them producing enough results. Fat Sam may be a seasoned escape artist, but I don't think even he can save them.
Newcastle, appalling every time I've watched them this season, long overdue to go down I think.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Clubs such as Newcastle and Villa seem to make a habit of recovering as soon as people start proclaiming that they are plunging towards relegation. I can therefore see Newcastle reversing their current form.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Be interesting to see what sanctions against West Brom and Hammers for agreeing the Snodgrass move with a clause that Snodgrass couldn't play against his former club. All very underhand and against Premier League regs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Watching the battling and together performances of WBrom and Fulham is worrying me. Same could be said for us last 3 league games though. Us and Fulham are good footballing sides - be a shame if either went down but Burnley & Palace prove year after year it’s not all about playing the game of football well / properly unfortunately...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Be interesting to see what sanctions against West Brom and Hammers for agreeing the Snodgrass move with a clause that Snodgrass couldn't play against his former club. All very underhand and against Premier League regs.

Read about this earlier on here but didn’t realise it would have something made of it. Could be points deduction for both in theory - well done dinosaur Sam :lol:

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Shef Utd definitely down, the other two could be any of WBA, Fulham, Newcastle, Leeds or even Wolves who are falling apart badly, have no striker and a manager who looks like he's had enough and surely their portuguese model is falling apart. Burnley and us will slowly pull away from the bottom.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Would love that 3rd bottom..... but too far ahead imho, If anyone is going to be reeled in despite us, my money is on Newcastle.... Leeds next opponents

You're probably right.

I'm relying on the idea that they will burn out and the rest of the division will work them out and pick them off.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Nothing of consequence ... a meaningless fine perhaps

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Can’t see there being any major sanctions. It has gone on for years and I don’t see the problem with it anyway personally. Why is it underhand? If that’s something they’ve agreed themselves as part of the transfer then so be it.

Why is it any different to the loan situation when players can’t play against parent clubs?

And it’s not up to the Premier League what price a team pays for a player so why should this term be?

Stumpy Tim

Ignoring Sheff Utd, Fulham and Newcastle for me. WBA look a much better side under Sam, and I'm sure he will sort their defence out. Big Sam is also due a £10m pay out if he keeps WBA up apparently. Leeds are 11 points ahead of 3rd bottom, which is too far to be considered IMO.

One seed of doubt is if Saint-Maximin comes back for Newcastle and isn't affected by Long Covid as has been suggested. He's a player that could help Newcastle cobble together enough points.

We are also very much in the mix. A good result against an out-of-form Leeds doesn´t make us safe suddenly. We do need another striker otherwise we will be right down there

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Sheff Utd and West Brom, then one other. Heart says Palace, head says us or Fulham.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
For quick reference here is the wrong end:

View attachment 132695.
Goal Difference is quite a useful guide when comparing teams' performance over 19 matches. It is slightly more sensitive than points won and ranks teams more accurately in terms of how good they really are.

Burnley, Newcastle & Palace are the three most likely to challenge the current basement dwellers for a relegation spot.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Can’t see there being any major sanctions. It has gone on for years and I don’t see the problem with it anyway personally. Why is it underhand? If that’s something they’ve agreed themselves as part of the transfer then so be it.

Why is it any different to the loan situation when players can’t play against parent clubs?

And it’s not up to the Premier League what price a team pays for a player so why should this term be?

It hasn't gone on for years since it was banned. A club can't just include terms that aren't permitted.

Loans and permanent transfers are bound by different regulations. With a loan, the player is still owned by the parent club, so cannot play against them. If the player is sold, the selling club cannot dictate who the player can or cannot play against. These are regulations that cannot be ignored any more than trying to play an ineligible or unregistered player.

It is up to the Premier League to get involved if regulation breaches are explicitly included in the transfer contract or if they are agreed informally (underhand) and become public.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here