Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Best Sporting Experiences/Moments

snake199

Brighton By The Sea
Oct 9, 2009
Portslade
Watching OR Playing! c'mon what really did make you feel special? 2003 when sussex won the championship was amazing, and 06, 07, the and c & g 06 was also amazing, the T20 finals this year was the best day our ive ever had:clap:

albion, havent really seen that much yet haven't really been a supporter that long.

i support italy as im half italian and that was amazing in 2006 when we won the world cup:clap:

so it hasn't been bad the lasy 6 years been a bit lucky :cool:

you?

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Banging in the winning pen in a cup final a few years back.

went absolutely mental.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
This was quite good...

[yt]wrVJki8Cmxs[/yt]

But this was a better feeling... (5.20 in)

[yt]pycWgS7p4QY[/yt]

Also, winning the league in 2000 at u13 was pretty good! And the cup final in 2005(ish)

Watching sport I think id go for the play off final win, or palace away, or sheff utd away.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Playing

REMF 1 in front of 700 or so people was amazing.
Winning the Oxford University Football League with an unbeaten season - beating SEH with 4 Blues in the side.

Watching

Men's 2001 Wimbledon Final - Ivanisevic v Rafter - 9-7 in the 5th set
Hoy storming to victory in the Olympic velodrome in Athens with a new WR
Germany 1 England 5 in Munich (having watched the Albion lose at Northampton the night before)
England 1 Argentina 0 in Sapporo during World Cup 2002 - in the fountains all night...
Chris Adams hitting 9 sixes at Arundel - 7 of them in the 'V' over the bowlers head
Sussex's Dermot Reeve trapping Lancashire's Clive Lloyd LBW in the Natwest Final in the '80s.
England 26 New Zealand 26 at Twickenham
1983 FA Cup Final (1st game)
1984 FA Cup Round 4 - Brighton 2 Liverpool 0
...so many others...

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
FA Cup Final.....nothing even comes close to that day.

Second Huddersfield winning the playoff game against Bristol Rovers at Wembley - absolutely brilliant day out

Palace when we won 2-0, Danny Wilson scoring an absolute belter

Playing, when I hit 177 not out against Ferring one saturday afternoon many years ago

snake199

Brighton By The Sea
Oct 9, 2009
Portslade
also when after a whole season of 7,8,9,10 or 11 +-0 losses right at the end of the school season we won 5-1, the best win ever.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
knocking out the resident boxer at the fair down the level many moons ago

scoring a double hatrick in div 13 of the sunday league even more moons ago

winning a rather large sea fishing competition by virtue of hooking a monster flounder up the chuffpot.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Being at the rugby world cup final in 2003, being just to the left of the post as johnny scored the drop goal. Priceless them ozzies really are bad losers!:thumbsup:

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
Playing - scoring a double hat-trick in an under 13's game (we won 9-8)

Watching - Grand Slam clincher 2005 v Ireland in Cardiff

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
FA Cup Final.....nothing even comes close to that day.

Second Huddersfield winning the playoff game against Bristol Rovers at Wembley - absolutely brilliant day out

Palace when we won 2-0, Danny Wilson scoring an absolute belter

Playing, when I hit 177 not out against Ferring one saturday afternoon many years ago

Showing my age now Dave, was batting at the other end that day when you got the 177no. Awesome innings, I could only watch in awe. When I managed to get some of the strike I scored 50 odd not out, we put on 230 something for the third wicket, a club record for any stand I believe. To cap a top day albion won 1-0 at watford, Garry Nelson scored I think. Those were the days.......

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Mine was only this Saturday.

I made a rare start for my rugby club (I usually come on at half time). I celebrated this by scoring three first-half tries and a further try on the last play of the game. The final score was 56-0 to the good guys, with four tries to my name.

:hero:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Showing my age now Dave, was batting at the other end that day when you got the 177no. Awesome innings, I could only watch in awe. When I managed to get some of the strike I scored 50 odd not out, we put on 230 something for the third wicket, a club record for any stand I believe. To cap a top day albion won 1-0 at watford, Garry Nelson scored I think. Those were the days.......

great days indeed mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here