Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your best ever live gig

Cream at Sussex University, 1967.
Hendrix at the same place a year later.

Most memorable gig I have ever performed at ... As an Albionette (don't ask!), with the Albion Band at the Fairfield Halls, Croydon. Casting pearls before swine, believe me.

Last edited:

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
This is proving to be a fantastic memory jogger for me - forgotten Motorhead - saw them at Bracknell Sports Centre - not the best venue acoustically, but hey, it was Motorhead so it didn't matter sooooooooooooo loud.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Who - Brighton 1967
Paul McCartney - Manchester 2003

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
Lord Bracknell said:
Cream at Sussex University, 1967.
Hendrix at the same place a year later.

Respect!

You have cool taste Lord B. My dad brought me up on those bands and others. I think I turned out OK in my musical taste. Shame about the rest!!!

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lord

Jimmiy Hendrix live, thats impressive stuff.

And Style Council Brockwell Park.
F*** they were good days :drink:

You're right Turgid, it is a memory jogger.

Oh god - another

Test Department during the miners strike. Superb set with striking welsh miners reading poetry to the bagpipes and industrial metal inn the background.

Last edited:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Gareth Glover said:
Take the piss but Russell Watson was awesome.

I can believe someone said , whose Jean Michel Jarre, they have to be joking, please say they are !. :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :shootself :shootself :shootself :shootself :shootself

nope never heard of him!

i am only 15 though and my type of music is punk and metal punk: punk:

i went to one of his websites and listened to a few clips from his songs and noway will i be able to listen to his for more than 2 minutes! its just so dull and boring!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Jean Michell Jarre is a hero of mine tread carefully mate.

He is a total total genious and anyone , I said anyone who wants to disagree can see me to discuss it at anytime. :censored:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gareth Glover said:
Jean Michell Jarre is a hero of mine tread carefully mate.

He is a total total genius

I completely agree with you Gareth (for a change)

Absolute class

Btw Nathan, he didn't record songs, they were instumentals.

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
Attacco Decente - had forgotten all about them - for some reason I always associate them with the Brighton Bottle Orchestra - now there was an act that could blow

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
Electronic knob twiddling in my mind - more about lights than music - but that is only my opinion

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nothing to do with lights , infact the concert at Wembley Arena in 1999 when it was just the music was awesome.

JJM is a modern composer of wonderful symphonies.

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on JJM - perhaps we should still to the stranglers who I believe we both share a liking for.

Ground Zero at the Tolbooth, Stirling, about 5 or 6 years ago. It was one of their last ever gigs. I have never seen such a reaction - the audience were going loopy. At the end of their third encore, as they left, one member of the audience jumped up to the door they were exiting through, dropped to his knees and BEGGED them to stay. Got his wish, too. Only one member of the press was there (reviewer for the Herald) and he agreed with the audience, saying it was the best gig he had gone to in his twenty-odd years as a music-writer.

They were incredible - the most powerful, mesmerising, entertaining, inventive gig I could ever even imagine.

Next has to be the two Keijo Haino gigs I've had the pleasure of being to. He's not over here very often - if he comes to Brighton, you must go, but prepare for a very physically-demanding (on the audience) gig.

Shouldn't forget Sun Electric in Leicester about 12 years ago, or Fugazi's tenth anniversary gig in Washington DC (summer of '97, I think).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here