Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Archer / Bellotti protests

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Has to be standing outside Bellotti's house in Eastbourne on a freezing cold Saturday afternoon, blowing whistles & bombarding his house with snowballs. The sight of him squirming behind the curtains, then the Police turning up within minutes & asking "haven't you lot got anything better to do"? will live in the memory. The answer was "no the game has been called off". Even some of the neighbourhood kids joined in the 'snowball attack'. Most of the neighbours were at their gates watching the 'entertainment'. Probably the most exciting thing thats ever happened in that close? I'm not sure if Bellotti's insurance policy covered structual damage from snowballs?

Also paying Archer a vist at his Crewe HQ, with one of his sidekicks racing about in a panic locking all the doors, will never be forgotten. Just as well there wasn't a fire! Later that same night, chasing Bellotti around Rochdale plus waiting at a service area to 'ambush him' at 2am could be considered dumb I guess? Seemed reasonable at the time. Jimmy Case tried to reason with us at the ground saying "he's gone", "why not go home" etc. Two Rochdale fans then came out & said: "He's still in there, shitting himself"! :D

I was there for both of those incidents very funny. The Rochdale fans were absolutely superb in backing us and helping us block in the team coach so Bellotti couldn't leave on it.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
And who can forget this little oversight, strange the money grabbing bastards hadn't thought about this part of the contract....Jog on

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
My first ever attempts at poster design were on this subject matter.

Nothing flash in the slightest. Merely a knocked-back (watermarked) Albion badge with 'Archer OUT', 'Bellotti OUT' and 'Boycott Focus DIY' written over the top on three separate posters. You can see some of them in the 'Build A Bonfire' pictures.
Still got the" Boycott Focus DIY and Free the Coldean 1" car sticker.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
And who can forget this little oversight, strange the money grabbing bastards hadn't thought about this part of the contract....Jog on

He really was a cowardly little shit wasn't he? He's asked a question and what does he do, immediately point to some minion to answer it rather than take any responsibility himself. Toe rag.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

Good vid, and isn't that bastard squirming. Brought me right back to when this was all happening. The position the club is in now, you guys have so much to be proud of for all you have done.
God I love my club
God I love our fans.
Sickening gush over.

Sent by Derek Acorah via the spirit world.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Went to Wigan away and Mellor after the game, helped make the Archer (Guy) in the back of the car on the way up to Wigan. Both Wigan at the game and Burnley fans who came to Mellor where fantastic.

Every time I passed a Focus DIY had to stick chewing gum in all the door locks, when I look back I wonder why but then nothing made sense.

I was in Seagulls over London and with my then job had access to Companies House details, Paul Welch was for ever ringing for details on various dodgy companies.

We all did our bit in one way or another.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Still remember as a kid being driven along the A23 looking up and seeing the banner BOYCOTT FOCUS DIY hanging from one of the bridges for months.
I loved to see it.

Run Bellotti run

Thanks for that Vid. I was one of those who ran across from the North to the East. It's true that even the most mild mannered law abiding people were so incensed by Archer and his puppet's actions that we were forced to resort to such actions. Also at the very start of the protests in 95 we occupied the centre circle at half time of the Notts county game before Brady came out and talked to us. So a constant campaign over a 2 year period were not a week went by without some new form of protest but apparently we sat back and did nothing......

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It really was pure anarchy at the Goldstone in those days. Notice how the police and stewards do nothing to stop the fans running across into the west stand to get him.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The sight of Bellotti running for his life was a rare moment of pleasure in what were otherwise desperate times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here