SUBS

Kuipers
Cullip
Mayo
Grealish
Reinelt
Fashnau
Maskell
want to change mine D. Saunders and Vicente new signings. Connor Carpenter to the bench. Fash and Reinault out on loan.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
John Keeley
Paul Watson
Steve Foster
Danny Cullip
Ian Chapman
Jimmy Case
Beram Kayal
Sergei Gotzmanov
TheVicente
Garry Nelson
Bobby Zamora

Bench:
The FDM
Inigo Calderon
Richard Carpenter
OGH
John Byrne
Mike Small
Clive Walker

I'm going with a midfield diamond. Case at the base, Kayal and Gotzmanov as the sides and Vicente at the point. I've never actually seen Kayal or Vicente play in the flesh, only on tv, so if they're not allowed in my team I'll swap them out for Carpenter and Byrne and switch formation to a 4-3-3. I'll replace them on the bench with Jeff Minton and Kurt Nogan.

gnjd_85

May 19, 2009
GK-Kuipers
RB-Calderon (really tough one vs Bruno, considered shoe-horning one of them in at left back. I also had a great early fondness for Peter Smith that I think was mainly the dreadlocks. From talking to those that were old enough to tie their own shoelaces when he was playing I get the impression my early scouting abilities may not have been perfect)
CB-Foster
CB-Cullip
LB-Watson
LM-Vicente
RM-Knockaert
CM-Kayal
DM-Bridcutt
ST-Zamora
ST-McDougald (Suspect this might be his only appearance in this thread...my first favourite striker)

Limited to people I have seen live regularly including a couple from when I was about 7. So obviously missing a lot of greats. Slightly hesitated to include Bridcutt, I know the way it ended wasn't ideal and I think we've moved on to bigger and better things than him now, but when he was a young free transfer released by Chelsea I bloody loved him. Made us tick in league one.

Suspect several others from the current team would get into this in a few years once they have nostalgia on their side. Impressive that Knockaert has managed it so quickly. Have enjoyed watching him that much.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Kuipers

Calderon
Greer
Cullip
Colin Hawkins

LuaLua
Kayal
Carpenter
Knockaert

Forster <3