Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

What Happened On This Day – January 30​

• 1982 The first computer virus is released “into the wild”​

Elk Cloner was created by 15-year-old Richard Skrenta as a practical joke.
  • 1972 On “Bloody Sunday”, British troops kill 13 unarmed protesters​

It was one of the most significant events of the Northern Ireland conflict.
  • 1969 The Beatles give their last public performance​

The concert was played on the rooftop of the Apple Corps building at 3 Savile Row in London.
  • 1945 9,400 people die in the deadliest maritime disaster in history​

The “Wilhelm Gustloff” was sunk by a Soviet submarine during World War II.
  • 1933 Adolf Hitler becomes Chancellor of Germany​

The “Machtergreifung” marked the end of the Weimar Republic and the beginning of the “Third Reich”.

I suppose, in the general scheme of things, a 4-0 defeat to Luton may only just creep into the top five worst things that happened on January 30.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I was so ENGROSSED in the horror unfolding before my eyes on the Official Match Day Thread that I completely forgot that I had put 2 hugely-overpriced chicken breast fillets in the oven. By the time I remembered and salvaged them, they looked like a pair of used heat tiles from the space shuttle programme.
Wouldn't that be something if you could utilise over priced chicken breasts as heat shields in space.
Would be good for the Spanish Pollo space program.

I'll get my coat.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My day yesterday:

A very sombre funeral of a lifelong friend of the family
Five hours on the M3 / M25 / M23, to travel to / from said event

Got home 6pm, in time to cook dinner for the family, because my wife is isolating upstairs after a positive Covid test.

Settled down to relax in front of the football :rolleyes:

An hour or two fighting through various nonsensical government websites, trying to register my wife for tax self-assessment just because she sells a few second hand clothes on eBay (deadline is tomorrow).

At midnight start moving all the furniture in the lounge to set up the cold, uncomfortable sofa bed, to try to get six hours sleep.

Yay for me.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I was so ENGROSSED in the horror unfolding before my eyes on the Official Match Day Thread that I completely forgot that I had put 2 hugely-overpriced chicken breast fillets in the oven. By the time I remembered and salvaged them, they looked like a pair of used heat tiles from the space shuttle programme.
Hope you still ate them - shame to waste anything!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I didn't go to the game, so I decided to treat myself to a takeaway curry to enjoy alongside watching it on a stream. One of the dogs jumped up and knocked my entire plate of food onto our relatively new sofa, which is now a total write off. So whilst not entirely connected, I'm blaming everything on Luton.
Luton ? that one is clearly RDZ’s fault. If I were you I would get him or the club to buy you a new sofa.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I can't get any streams here. so I just watch the scoreline on the BBC text. I'm always a bit anxious when the game is about to begin, but I really enjoy the opening period where each team is searching for weak spots to exploit LATER in the game. Gives me time to settle down and get my breathing calm...............

Oh.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Palace also had a goal scored against them in the first minute but somehow they didn’t capitulate and cry themselves to a 4-0 loss.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I went to a social event with my running group, to try and forget about the whole thing.

Then my friend ordered this beer...

PXL_20240131_004947080.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If income is less than £1,000 you don't need to register
It's only a hobby really, but she sold £2,500 last year, so she does have to register (even though she doesn't have any other income, so is miles under all thresholds, and the outcome of the self-assessment is presumably a formality)

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I booked my train tickets for most of Feb after the game and discovered moving a meeting to accommodate someone else has added £55 to my un-reclaimable travel cost for the month.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I left on 54 minutes at 0-4. I walked through my front door at 9.59pm.

Normally for a midweek home game, I get home about 2.00am.

So, I got home 4 hours earlier! Sorry to piss on your chips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here