Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your 1st Brighton-Palace Game?

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
I think it was around 1959-60? Not sure. I do remember we were losing 0-2 at half-time. We pulled back a first and then a second goal to equalize. An old-time cenre-forward, Peter Harburn who was an Albion legend in those days, scored the winner as the last kick of the game.
Happy days.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
even if it was a long time ago,pretty sure you'll remember it

mine was feb 76 at the Goldstone,night match 33k

a brace from Sammy Morgan in a 2-0 win

I was right behind the North Stand goal and clearly remember one of Sammy's goals,a simple side-foot home from about 5 yards out

the atmosphere was incredible,but I wasn't really aware of any "special" rivalry that night

having not attended the "friendly" or the opening game of the previous season

Yup, I was there. And, as I remember it, the rivalry was with Millwall in those days.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
First one I don't remember, I was 2 months old and apparently I only woke up when Mellor scored the only goal of the game. At that point I proudly held a 100% attendance record of games held during my lifetime. Slipped a bit since then :lolol:

First I remember was the ZDS game, second one the 5-0, third one the 3-1 defeat at the Amex. In a way I'm relieved I'm not going as only ever experienced disappointment at their hands.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
even if it was a long time ago,pretty sure you'll remember it

mine was feb 76 at the Goldstone,night match 33k

a brace from Sammy Morgan in a 2-0 win

I was right behind the North Stand goal and clearly remember one of Sammy's goals,a simple side-foot home from about 5 yards out

the atmosphere was incredible,but I wasn't really aware of any "special" rivalry that night

having not attended the "friendly" or the opening game of the previous season

Not only my first Palace game but also my first Albion game. I was in the South Stand and there were loads of Palace in there as well. No trouble at all either.

Couldn't have picked a better first game

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
My first, that I can remember, was the three fa cup games that started of all the hatred. Went to all three games. If my memory serves me right one of the replays got cancelled really late on when we where half way to London due to rain.

Think I went to previous games but have no memory of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here