Your 1st Brighton-Palace Game?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Away at selhurst this year. Not a pleasant first derby day experience....however, i did go to the st patricks day massacre!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
August 1974 1-0 home win, the Goldstone grass was in need of a trim as seemed too long. Memory may ve fading but seem to recall that Peter O'Sullivan scored the winner in front of the South stand

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
2002 december 5 ,0 remember it went off inside the ground because ob would nt let us out we took loads think it was about 5k.its time to avenage that and no better place than smelhurst park tomorrow COME ON THE ALBION!!!

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Zenith Data Systems cup at the Goldstone, all I can remember about that game is the number of people that slipped over in the icy south-east corner of the pitch.

Mar 15, 2009
Brighton
First away game was 86, got bitten by a police dog and wacked by the mounted police. Funniest thing was a load of ours using a row of fences as hurdles and garden gnomes being used as missiles! such silly silly boys!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't remember what the first was at home. First at Selhurst was whichever came first of the Kelvin Morton one, or the Hughton / Ryan one.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
August 1974 1-0 home win, the Goldstone grass was in need of a trim as seemed too long. Memory may ve fading but seem to recall that Peter O'Sullivan scored the winner in front of the South stand

Ian Mellor, actually.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
1974. Palace at home..scorer Ricky Marlowe .

Is game I ever saw brighton as that was when we moved here

Are you sure goldstone rapper as I spoke to Ricky about this game ..it was in August

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
The "friendly" at the Goldstone in the mid-90s (1995?) - first game as a ballboy and sat in front of the north stand. Bit lively.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne

Same, I didn't really hate Palace due to being about 10 and never played them before. Being the first real spanking I had seen and made me hate Palace, then my Dad explained to me that they were the scum of scum.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
even if it was a long time ago,pretty sure you'll remember it

mine was feb 76 at the Goldstone,night match 33k

a brace from Sammy Morgan in a 2-0 win

I was right behind the North Stand goal and clearly remember one of Sammy's goals,a simple side-foot home from about 5 yards out

the atmosphere was incredible,but I wasn't really aware of any "special" rivalry that night

having not attended the "friendly" or the opening game of the previous season

That was mine too. Fantastic atmosphere.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
'76 was my first Palace game and the first Goldstone full house for me.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
December 27th 1981, 3-2 win for Brighton, remember travelling from slough where my nan lived for the game with my dad and then back after for left over Christmas dinner.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
At Selhurst, March '78. First away game, and first 0-0 I think. I don't remember a particularly crackling atmosphere, just that it was sunny and warm. I remember being impressed by Vince Hilaire and Kenny Sansom.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ian Mellor, actually.

1974. Palace at home..scorer Ricky Marlowe .

Are you sure goldstone rapper as I spoke to Ricky about this game ..it was in August

Definitely Ian Mellor - might have been his debut. My first Palace game

Of course, in those days, there was nothing special about a game against Palace - it was just another match

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports