Young Seagulls Day - Many people attending tomorrow?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Booked my tickets yesterday, the guy at the ticket office said that the training doesn't start until 10:30AM! Which I questioned. He said gates open at 9 and there would be things going on from 10:00AM
I'm gonna get there for 9:30

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Booked my tickets yesterday, the guy at the ticket office said that the training doesn't start until 10:30AM! Which I questioned. He said gates open at 9 and there would be things going on from 10:00AM
I'm gonna get there for 9:30
Thanks very much for this. "Gates open at 9.00" and "things going on from 10.00" is roughly what I expected. 4 year old Moshe Minor will be arriving at around 10.15am...

Last edited:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
We're back! Wish i'd know the training was at 10.30, never mind, got the kids picture holding the League 1 trophy up in the south corner and had photo's with Gully and co in the concourse. Watched a bit of the training and then left, not bad for free (except £10 for the trophy photo)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
got the kids picture holding the League 1 trophy up in the south corner
What! I didn't know the trophy was there.
had photo's with Gully and co in the concourse
Likewise. Loading photoshop now to edit the bloody kids out.
not bad for free (except £10 for the trophy photo)
Ah, I feel better.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Yeah they told us right at the start. I wasn't going to but seeing as I had 90mins to wait for the training I didn't want the kids getting bored. Glad i did now, looks pretty smart!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
We are back - had a great morning - took some cool piccies and little girl enjoyed herself - caught train back and went and had lunch in Donatellos - every other kid in Brighton seemed to have a Brighton shirt on which is so nice to see.

Well done to everyone at the Club

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Just got home to Crawley, highlight was Little ones having photo taken with billy from Gullies girls! And we meet caldy in churchill square after, I asked where Vicente was and he rests between games! Easy life! Very good day and a cracker of a goal from KLL!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Had a fantastic time. Another great example of how this club is part of the community. Had to go back to the shop later this afternoon as this morning the queues were out of the door. The staff told us that between 8.30 and 9.30 they took more money than they did at the last match day. My boys had their picture taken with the league 1 trophy. It looks great with people in the stands behind them. They will remember that for a long time.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Glad to hear people enjoyed the morning. I worked out there and heard quite a few people grumbling as they left so was worried it flopped. Judging by the positive comments on here it seems to be a case of the loud minority gobbing off again. Not sure what people were expecting for free. That said, all the kids I spoke to had fun....just some of the parents not impressed. Can't please em all i guess.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I think some people just always want everything for nothing and will moan about anything. I thought it was great, we had fun, but like so many things in life - its what you make of things that determines whether you enjoy it or not!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There were bloody loads of people there. We were getting calls this morning at work about huge traffic queues down the Falmer Road and on the A27 back to Hollingbury Hill, and nobody had any idea why until someone said there was an event on at the Amex. I just assumed it was some sort of conference at the time, didn't realise it was the kids' day until later.

Driving past on the A27 a couple of hours later, the Bennett's Field car park looked completely full, and cars were parking in the coach park area. Given that plenty must also have jumped on a train, it would seem to have been a resoundingly popular exercise.

I love it that so many kids want to be a part of the Albion these days. For years, they probably endured stick at school from kids in Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea shirts, but the club is finally making the city proud again, and it seems to me that everyone wants to get involved. It feels like every time I go out, I'm seeing people- young and old- wearing Albion gear, and car stickers on every road. For the local children, it must be even more exciting than for the rest of us, and I just think it's brilliant.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
It was a good morning and no grumbles from me. It's great that the club do this and lets not forget the players have a massive game on Friday so fair play to Gus and the team. We spent a good few quid in the shop but 20% discount was very handy.
You can't please everyone but have no idea what some people attending were moaning?? It was a free event with plenty going on so from me and my family a big thank you to the club!

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I had no idea it was on. I chose this lunchtime to pop down and sort out my season ticket, as I have to move as my lad is now to old to go in the family stand.

Got there just as it was finishing. The car parks were full and loads of happy kids heading home, with arms full of goodies. There was a queue for the shop, so I went to Dicks for a coffee. When I went down, no queue for shop, but still a very long one for the tills.

It looked like it had definitely been well supported.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Richard R was a bit irritating today, kept asking everyone to applaud every single moment for the players, now i like to applaud the boys like the next but, look cms is having a sip of water give him a round of applause or Ashley Barnes has just farted put your hands together and give him a big round of applause was a bit ott.
Some may find your seat on Tuesday night with lots of foot prints or even broken as the amount of kids that were using them not for sitting on lets say, the one in front of me thought it was a trampoline.
Other than that a great day

seagull33

Apr 6, 2010
Does anyone know where we can find the results of the raffle from this morning?

They did say the unclaimed numbers were likely to be on the website mate.

I assume the youngseagulls one but only assuming.

Took the missus and kids today , bearing in mind it was free it wasnt a bad morning .

Quite a few left early, bloke in front of me (I was in row B) said he deliberatley got front row tickets so when the players came round to speak to the fans he would be at the front .... doh facepalm

It did say on the ticket website there would be no autographs or meeting the players , just a bit of entertainment and watching them train.

And all for free and they even threw in a 20% discount on everything in store .... walked away a few quid lighter

Even Gai Asulin tweeted it was great to have a crowd watching the training session !

was funny watching Gus refereeing the mini game at the end, certainly not giving them an easy time !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports