Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You were unlucky today

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
44:39 Attempt saved. João Teixeira (Brighton and Hove Albion) right footed shot from a difficult angle on the right is saved in the bottom right corner. Assisted by Dale Stephens.
41:50 Attempt saved. Chris O'Grady (Brighton and Hove Albion) right footed shot from the left side of the box is saved in the bottom right corner. Assisted by Dale Stephens.
40:52 Attempt saved. João Teixeira (Brighton and Hove Albion) right footed shot from a difficult angle on the right is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Bruno.
39:38 Attempt missed. Rohan Ince (Brighton and Hove Albion) right footed shot from very close range is close, but misses to the right. Assisted by Joe Bennett with a cross following a corner.
39:01 Corner, Brighton and Hove Albion. Conceded by Graham Dorrans.
37:31 Attempt missed. João Teixeira (Brighton and Hove Albion) right footed shot from the centre of the box is close, but misses to the left. Assisted by Beram Kayal. (BBC)

TExMiss.jpg

There was a lack of urgency. I figured on getting a pic of Tex before he goes back to Liverpool. Tex had a full two seconds to get his shot lined up. My camera said 38 minutes 18 seconds.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Great view from the WSU, not sure how you didn't score at least one goal from the 10 minute onslaught before half time. A game won against the run of play by a substitution which was never Hughton's strong point with us. Thought the goal destroyed your confidence and had you converted one of the earlier chances you'd have won the game. Defo need a clinical striker.

Agreed.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Norwich didn't impress me much considering the players they've got although you have to give them credit for the way they ground out the result. Derby and Middlesbrough both looked better sides when we played them.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Saw it pretty much as you did Mike. Norwich dominated us for the opening 30 odd minutes and then we grew into the game with some good chances. Second half we were the better and more threatening side however a bit of quality killed us. The only difference in the sides as the result shows is that we are lacking quality in several areas. This is what needs to be rectified as it' the one thing we are really lacking in. A striker with some quality about him would have seen us pick up a draw minimum yesterday.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Before the game the chaps on the radio said that Brighton would be playing defensively and looking to score on the break but once again as is usually the case the possession stats showed we had most of the ball. Perception eh!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Before the game the chaps on the radio said that Brighton would be playing defensively and looking to score on the break but once again as is usually the case the possession stats showed we had most of the ball. Perception eh!

Possession is vanity, goals are sanity.

We're insane.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Norwich didn't impress me much considering the players they've got although you have to give them credit for the way they ground out the result. Derby and Middlesbrough both looked better sides when we played them.

That's because we didn't play well against them, failed to stifle their midfield threat and gave them the opportunity to look good. You have to give credit yesterday to Kayal,and Stephens (still to return to their best) plus Ince who formed a very combative midfield that, whilst not pulling up any trees, did negate the threat of a strong, mobile and efficient Norwich midfield. I don't think they ground out the result, Stockdale was rarely threatened, their goal resulted from very poor defensive work by Bennett.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But if all the possession is fannying around between our penalty area and the half way line, that is playing defensively. Playing that way you could get 100% possession and a scoreless draw - the ultimate defensive performance.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Talking to Norwich fans after the game - they were more impressed with Brighton than how I thought we played. We played well in fits and starts, and at other times stood around like trees.

Maybe they were just being magnanimous, but a fair few thought that.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Thought we played quite well after the initial 30 mins. We then dominated midfield after that and as we all say, please can we have a striker. Think we are 3/4 players away from a very good team next year.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought Norwich dominated early without threatening our goal. They could easily look at that period and say they if their attack was on form they would have had the game wrapped up in the first half hour.

That last 15mins or so of the first half had us clearly on top, getting into better positions, but now being able to turn that into a decent shot. O'Grady side footing into the keeper's arms, Teixeira putting wide, and a couple of balls that were played across goal closer to the keeper than any of our players. Ruddy was busier, but wasn't really tested.

Second half I didn't feel like we were in control. We had possession, but Norwich seemed to comfortably defend, on the rare occasions we got the ball in behind them any ball played across the area just went sailing by as our "attackers" just stood and watched it sail by.

The goal they scored was probably their only clear shot on goal that require hard work from the keeper (the save from the free kick looked comfortable for Stockdale, as did the one from Greer's error letting them through with the norwich player taking a little too long).

The football they played in the first 25, the comfort with which they defended for most of the second, the fear of shooting from us, the lack of attacking intent from us, I'd say Norwich deserved the win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here