Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You need 7.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Veltman cursing his luck. He would've known what to do
He'd have chinned Rashford, in front of the East stand, while everyone else was looking the other way.
All the ref would have seen was Velts helping him back to his feet and giving him a sweet little cuddle.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I only counted 6 (six) poor form.

Steele was slow off his line.
Enciso pushing for a start next season.
I'm sure Groß was gutted to have missed it.

You just know Enciso is going to be in the middle of every skirmish we have, love that kid!

And Ali Mac is the clear captain of the 7 as far as I’m concerned. It’s the little looks he gives the opposition when they foul him, try their luck or do something a bit naughty. He’s a cool assassin.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You just know Enciso is going to be in the middle of every skirmish we have, love that kid!

And Ali Mac is the clear captain of the 7 as far as I’m concerned. It’s the little looks he gives the opposition when they foul him, try their luck or do something a bit naughty. He’s a cool assassin.
I now can't find it, but there's a far east Twitter post showing Gilmore being taken out in front of RDZ.

Ali is straight in on it, at Fred then prowling around Gilmore like some mummy deer fighting off a pack of bears - tremendous.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Welcome IGOR JULIO...
Much needed. I feel like we're looking a bit thin.

What we reckon?

Dunk
Igor
Van Hecke
Veltman
I could be wrong but I can imagine Undav having a bit of the Maupay about him
Milner?
Steele

Dahoud looks like he'd be diplomatic and try to solve things with words, can imagine him with the calm down gesture.

Enciso won't be in the fight but will be the reason the fight is happening, cheeky little fella.

Uncle Danny will take Tariq home immediately to keep him out of harm's way.

...?

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

What we reckon?

Dunk
Igor
Van Hecke
Veltman
Milner?
Steele

Dahoud looks like he'd be diplomatic and try to solve things with words, can imagine him with the calm down gesture.

...?
Absolutely not Milner, he’s a battler but can’t imagine him scrapping.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

What we reckon?

Dunk
Igor
Van Hecke
Veltman
Milner?
Steele

...?
Not convinced that JPVH is much of a fighter tbh, despite the stupid tackle this week.

Dunk and Joel are about the only two stand outs at the moment, and obviously you'd hope Igor would step up too. Estupinan might be handy.

There's plenty of other big guys in the squad (Evan, Joao Pedro, Welbeck, Steele, Sanchez, Moder) but none that we've seen much aggression from. Probably more likely to see Gilmour and Enciso up the front getting stuck in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not convinced that JPVH is much of a fighter tbh, despite the stupid tackle this week.

Dunk and Joel are about the only two stand outs at the moment, and obviously you'd hope Igor would step up too. Estupinan might be handy.

There's plenty of other big guys in the squad (Evan, Joao Pedro, Welbeck, Steele, Sanchez, Moder) but none that we've seen much aggression from. Probably more likely to see Gilmour and Enciso up the front getting stuck in.
Be like a pair of scrappy dos, they'd be all bark and no bite IMO. Enciso seems like the type to enjoy winding oppo players up if we're on top.

JPVH can handle himself if called on, I reckon.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surprised by the lack of Ferguson here, he’s in mine for sure. Along with an early call for Joao Pedro - it might just be from one game but based on that, he looked STRONG!

Mine:

Igor, Dunk, Webster, Milner, Ferguson, Caicedo, Joao Pedro.
For me it's not about who is physically the strongest.

It's which 7 are most willing to swing punches in a tunnel if needed, to defend their teammates.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
For me it's not about who is physically the strongest.

It's which 7 are most willing to swing punches in a tunnel if needed, to defend their teammates.
But it helps if those punches are going to hurt! I want some double hard units.

Veltman for example, proper snide and great for a wind up, will stand on your toes but I don’t think you’ll feel his punch so he’s not in mine!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But it helps if those punches are going to hurt! I want some double hard units.

Veltman for example, proper snide and great for a wind up, will stand on your toes but I don’t think you’ll feel his punch so he’s not in mine!
Veltman is the CAPTAIN of the seven.

Big strong lad, and master of the dark arts.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Veltman is the CAPTAIN of the seven.

Big strong lad, and master of the dark arts.
I appreciate those qualities but I want brute strength in mine. Maybe he can come in for Caicedo in mine though to mix it up.

Undav doesn’t make mine either. He’s a bit like Alex Revell, spends too much time down the gym working the biceps but no real natural, brute strength like Ferguson. I’m amazed by how often he’s been outmuscled despite his size. Think he spends more time admiring his bi’s in the mirror before walking out on the pitch and pulling out another sublime finish from nowhere with his first touch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here