Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know what i miss about this site

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It might at some point be possible to unsubscribe from such threads, so that they don't appear on your Big Board, but I'm not sure where we are with the technology.

I'd let the dullards have their own corner personally [emoji2]

The above would help enormously though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'd use any 'new technology' to automatically delete any political argument thread at the genesis stage. They are horrendous, full of cyber fists clenched in impotent rage. Nothing gets solved, people set their comments to repeat until everyone utterly tires of wading through the endless ocean of bile. It's mostly childish drivel, with the opposing sides shouting loudly with their fingers in their ears while someone in the 'middle' goes "hey guys let's like, work together..." oh just **** off!

Nah; they should all be in a sub, sub, sub forum somewhere I can't even go by mistake.

Awful, and the ruin of this board.

Kosh

I'd use any 'new technology' to automatically delete any political argument thread at the genesis stage. They are horrendous, full of cyber fists clenched in impotent rage. Nothing gets solved, people set their comments to repeat until everyone utterly tires of wading through the endless ocean of bile. It's mostly childish drivel, with the opposing sides shouting loudly with their fingers in their ears while someone in the 'middle' goes "hey guys let's like, work together..." oh just **** off!

Nah; they should all be in a sub, sub, sub forum somewhere I can't even go by mistake.

Awful, and the ruin of this board.

Kosh

This

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A time when people had a spine and weren't deliberately looking for anything and everything to be 'offended' about!

It's never existed. I can remember people getting offended by washing, being hung out on the line, on a Sunday.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
A time when people didn't genuinely attempt to be as offensive as possible just in the hope it might upset someone somewhere :rolleyes:

Also a time when if there was a thread you didn't like you just backed out of it instead of posting how tedious the whole thing was.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And rightly so!!!..I mean..washing being hung out on the sabbath ...it's a disgrace!
Don't recall that thread on NSC though!!!

No, it was talked about over garden walls in those days. Oooh, look at her, no better than she ought to be.

Dec 29, 2011
Appreciated.

I've long hoped for a 'Thread Zap' Ignore functionality on NSC - it's too much of a pain to have to actively subscribe to threads and then use the subscribed threads view. Although I suppose if new threads automatically subscribed by default then unsubscribing in that view would give what is required.

If a zapped thread was hidden, but there was nothing to replace it, would that be sufficient? For example, you hide 5 threads which are on the front page, and now only 15 are displayed (usually 20) would that be annoying? I was thinking of writing a plugin to give people this functionality, but I wouldn't be able to bring threads from the second page onto the first page to replace hidden threads.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Honestly can't stand politics threads because they accomplish nothing and turn into endless arguments. It's not bad at least in the sense that they're all more or less merged into one, but for Christ's sake this is a board about the Albion, not your soapbox. Leave your political bollocks on Twatter or in the YouTube comments section.

Ever get the feeling you've been whooshed?

:thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If a zapped thread was hidden, but there was nothing to replace it, would that be sufficient? For example, you hide 5 threads which are on the front page, and now only 15 are displayed (usually 20) would that be annoying? I was thinking of writing a plugin to give people this functionality, but I wouldn't be able to bring threads from the second page onto the first page to replace hidden threads.

Yes, I think that would be totally sufficient. Thanks for investigating :albion2:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We do try to merge political threads as much as possible, as views are entrenched and consensus never reached, so there is little to be gained from having a myriad of them, and it allows the dullards to find their own corner of the board.

Quite a few political threads are moved to The Other Stuff, to prevent the Main Board being clogged up by a small number of people arguing the same point over and over and over again.

Ultimately some long running ones (such as the Brexit bitchfest) are on the first page because people like to contribute to them, just the same as for the Word Association, Running, Daily Naps etc. threads.

It might at some point be possible to unsubscribe from such threads, so that they don't appear on your Big Board, but I'm not sure where we are with the technology.

That would be marvellous ! It would be just as liberating as the "Ignore " control for Hove Bald and Unread.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Keeping the impotent rage threads mixed up with rest is far more entertaining.

I suppose the "manager out" threads and polls will resurrect themselves this season unfortunately. We haven't needed them recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here