Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You guys on here.....

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
You guys on here make me laugh.I admit that the crowds are not great.In fact they're terrible. But it's the posts in the last few weeks on here that get me. Now most of you on here are involved on this one so read carefully. Dean Wilkins is doing an admirable job.He is working with a squad at it's bare bones regardless of the new signings. These guys are the start of the Wilkins experience but he needs time to get things right.When they won last week the threads were ridiculous. All this 'we're looking amazing' bullshit, promotion, playoffs blah blah blah.... A week later we get a home draw and you telling us that it's 'the end of the world'. Now check this out.... We're getting Falmer in two years time.We need to build for the future and I for one don't mind where we are at the moment.It could be better but hey it could be a hell of a lot worse no??yes I agree with getting rid of dead wood but for god sake the whole "the board need to do this and that' stuff is ludicrous.I mean who do you take our board for??They're not idiots.In fact they have there finger on the pulse when it comes to managing our club. They might not always get it right in the fans eyes but I feel they are looking out for us not just now but for the future.This is no Bill Archer - David Bellotti - Gregg Stanley thing ( the Wankers!!)You guys don't know the ins and outs and nor do I and I will never profess to but get behind our team and lets make it work because our board and manager are doing so and we need to show some spirit x

Fixtures

Aug 12, 2007
You guys on here make me laugh.I admit that the crowds are not great.In fact they're terrible. But it's the posts in the last few weeks on here that get me. Now most of you on here are involved on this one so read carefully. Dean Wilkins is doing an admirable job.He is working with a squad at it's bare bones regardless of the new signings. These guys are the start of the Wilkins experience but he needs time to get things right.When they won last week the threads were ridiculous. All this 'we're looking amazing' bullshit, promotion, playoffs blah blah blah.... A week later we get a home draw and you telling us that it's 'the end of the world'. Now check this out.... We're getting Falmer in two years time.We need to build for the future and I for one don't mind where we are at the moment.It could be better but hey it could be a hell of a lot worse no??yes I agree with getting rid of dead wood but for god sake the whole "the board need to do this and that' stuff is ludicrous.I mean who do you take our board for??They're not idiots.In fact they have there finger on the pulse when it comes to managing our club. They might not always get it right in the fans eyes but I feel they are looking out for us not just now but for the future.This is no Bill Archer - David Bellotti - Gregg Stanley thing ( the Wankers!!)You guys don't know the ins and outs and nor do I and I will never profess to but get behind our team and lets make it work because our board and manager are doing so and we need to show some spirit x

:thumbsup::falmer::ascarf:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS

Wise words pop pickers, and in some more words of wisdom from Messrs Bachman, Turner and Mr Overdrive "you aint seen nothin yet", let's rock !

:ascarf: :falmer: :ascarf: :falmer: :ascarf:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Although I am certainly prone to bouts of doubts and despondency about the club at present, this is one of the best and well articulated posts I've seen on NSC.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I can't respect the views of anyone who uses the phrase "guys".

I'll agree Dean is doing a brilliant job, but I disagree about the the Chairman as he is making Dean's job even harder.

I accept he will not go until we get to Falmer, but that doesn't mean I have to like him.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Good post Nutter. The whole 'falling attendances' thing is no a big surprise to be honest.

Firstly, I think a lot of people were motivated to come because of the Falmer campaign. By attending matches they were helping show that Brighton needed a new stadium. Now Falmer is in the bag there is less motivation and I think it's easy for people to say they'll save their money now and come back when we are at Falmer.

Secondly, these days with so match footie on TV and so little money around for clubs outside the premiership the whole support vs. entertainment thing rears it's ugly head. Let's face it, if all fans took the attitude that 'My team is not playing well and has no chance to promotion so I'm not going to go and watch them', half of the clubs in the country would go out of business in no time. Good players cost money.. we don't have money so we don't get good players therefore entertainment value is low..... so we stop coming and the club has less money... therefore quality of players dips... therefore quality of play gets worse.
It would be an exagerration to say that fans who stop coming to Seagulls games because we are not fighting for promotion or playing well are as damaging to the team as Archer was. However, the only way the club can get better, challenge for proomotion and play better football is if the fans support the club through the GOOD TIMES and BAD TIMES.

I went to the Northampton game (my one game a year from Turkey) and loved it. If that was a bad performance by us then all I can say is that because I don't see many games... I appreciate the opportuntity to see my team play.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
I can't respect the views of anyone who uses the phrase "guys".

I'll agree Dean is doing a brilliant job, but I disagree about the the Chairman as he is making Dean's job even harder.

I accept he will not go until we get to Falmer, but that doesn't mean I have to like him.

back to square one with you then mr rockerfeller.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Great post, Guaranteed you get some moron on here now who posts an unnecessarily long post about why he's never going to come to the albion again.

Good work Nutter!

:ascarf::ascarf:

This post should be a sticky. Huzzah!:albion2:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Never argue with a nutter. You know it makes sense.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Very wise words there Nutter although I have to say NSC just wouldn't be the same without all the usual moaning and calling for people's heads, I personally find they provide great entertainment during an otherwise fairly dull day

The nags and moaners who take the opportunity to snipe whenever there's a point dropped, are usually quick to make themselves high-profile and 'noisy'. They start threads loaded with drama, or try to go straight to the jugular calling for 'so and so to step down'.

I think they are fewer of them than the noise they make suggests, and I'm not so sure they fully mean what they write, or whether they just use the internet to vent their own frustrations.

The dwindle in crowds has been down to many things - Withdean no longer feels like the HOME of The Albion. Any warm-and-cozy thoughts of it as a haven for a club with no home, are too long in the tooth to offer comfort. Falmer has been given the nod, and Albion doesn't have to feel like it has its' back to the wall - so there's a lull in some of the passion too.

Let's no dilute belief now though. There's still a mountain to climb to build a stadium of quality and for a long future - and that's worth spending time and effort on preparation and execution.

What's the meaning behind the expression; "keep the faith"?
The club has just been through a crisis from some quarters of the playing staff, and the result of that is that the team has seen changes, yet get on with the efforts without changing stride. You only have to look at the fortunes of the disquieted players to realise how futile and unnecessary their issues were, and for all their importance to the club - BHAFC is not going to go away because of a couple of disquieted players wanting more than they deserve.

WHY the people who are getting bent-out-of-shape and angry feel like venting on here instead of just walking away quietly and doing something else, is perhaps because they want to be comforted about their frustrations, that they seek comfort from a bond with other supporters - but at the same time they are asking for other supporters to get on the backs of the players, management and board.

It IS a business they are in, and helping to run, but one they took on because it represents something more than a day at work and a wage packet. It's bigger than that, and it does mean something in a lot of people's lives.

People need to keep faith, that since there's no issues of building a stadium just so it can be sold for a retail park - there must be a real intent to make The Albion a staying, and successful concern. That seems fairly fundamental, to my mind, and the idea that the chairman wouldn't want to do the best for the fans, the manager, the team, and the club - it just doesn't compute!

We don't have ANY reason to think that there's any ulterior motives, or that the demise of the club is in anyone's personal interest - so isn't it time that some people realised this and got back behind the effort, if only in spirit??

Come on Brighton, we felt passionately when people tried to put us out of business, why not direct that passion to encouraging the people who are putting us in business, and trying for so much better in the future?
There's a lot riding on it for Brighton and Hove, but faint hearts don't win much.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Begora. It is like f***ing Bravehaert on here now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here