Attachments

• albion mem1.jpg
    albion mem1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 854

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I'm not old enough to remember that team, though it is probably from a couple of years after I was born, I wonder where they all are now?

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
Saturday,March 23rd 1968
Watford at home to the Albion, soz don't know the score

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm gonna gues that we lost 1-0 or, at best a 1-1.

This was 67'68, the 1st season of me watching Albion and I am really annoyed that i can't be sure of the score, i used to know them off by heart!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Just looked it up and we got tonked 4-0 in a meaningless mid table, end of season, game.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Stewart Henderson was one of my heroes and Kit Napier of course. I remember that team so well. Sadly they didn't realise their full potential.

After moving down to Brighton permanently I didn't miss a home game from the early to mid 60's to the mid 70's when I moved away

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Well I remember Henderson, the 2 Napiers, Templeman (he must have only just have been in long trousers then!), turner & Wilkinson. So I must be old!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
great memories, walked to the ground with Howard Wilkinson for one game talking to me and Dad all the way up Sackville Road to the Goldstone , some very good players there , Napiers, Henderson, Shirley Templeman- and as the North Stand used to sing ' La La La Livesey , god it takes me back to clouds of fag smoke drifting up into the floodlights at evening games, the smell of one old guys Clan pipe tobacco , proper all white ball glistening on the center spot at kick off, scarves.......... ooops im away in old Bha memory paradise... and as a 9/10yr old

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
great memories, walked to the ground with Howard Wilkinson for one game talking to me and Dad all the way up Sackville Road to the Goldstone , some very good players there , Napiers, Henderson, Shirley Templeman- and as the North Stand used to sing ' La La La Livesey , god it takes me back to clouds of fag smoke drifting up into the floodlights at evening games, the smell of one old guys Clan pipe tobacco , proper all white ball glistening on the center spot at kick off, scarves.......... ooops im away in old Bha memory paradise... and as a 9/10yr old

must be around the same age the walkfrom hove station to the goldstonewill be done again first game of season GREAT TIMES

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Woo Hoo, I'm not old :clap:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

..............and the smell of linament as the players ran on to the pitch :)

Remember the day Howard fractured his cheekbone playing on the left wing. I was stood on the east terrace for some reason which I rarely did. Glorious sunny day like today and then he took an elbow and the whole side of his face caved in. Ouch!

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
I saw my first game that season as a 7 year old and fell in love with the Albion there and then. I`m not sure I ever saw Hickman or Duncliffe play though.
Where was George Dalton then ? He did get a nasty injury about that time I think.

Kit Napier was brilliant...................... ''Where`s your handbag Kit'' ? an old bloke next to us used to shout every week without fail.
Seemed funny in those days. Never any mention of a players mother being a whore or anything like that was there ?
I can remember Charlie Wright the Bolton/Charlton keeper (?) who always had a bit of chat and banter with the fans being told to ''Watch that top right hand corner Charlie'' incessantly from one old codger during a second half in the old south stand. It was only in the last minute when someone else shouted, We`ve been watching it all season and F*** all has happened Charlie''
He used to actually come and sit on the wall when his team was up the other end and have a talk with the fans. Can you imagine that nowadays ? Unbelievable.

Last edited:

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Talking of Charlie Wright, his goalkeeping against us in a reserve match was the greatest I had ever seen out the Goldstone.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
A week or so after I was born. So does that make me old or young? lol.

A couple of years or so after I was born...and I don't think that I'm old...if that reassures you at all!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports