Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] You go into a newsagent to buy...

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Yesterday I bought Jacobs crinkle cut cheese and onion cheddars, loads in a bag. Raisin & Biscuit Yorkie (Not for girls) and a pint of milk.....

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
When I was a kid (45 years ago) there used to be an Italian shop opposite West Worthing station, that sold a brand of crisps called "VICO" .
That was my first experience of Paprika flavoured crisps. Knocked Golden Wonder Smoky bacon or Cheese and Onion right off their perch.

Walkers introducing Paprika flavour into their offering, was a glorious day.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
When I was a kid (45 years ago) there used to be an Italian shop opposite West Worthing station, that sold a brand of crisps called "VICO" .
That was my first experience of Paprika flavoured crisps. Knocked Golden Wonder Smoky bacon or Cheese and Onion right off their perch.

Walkers introducing Paprika flavour into their offering, was a glorious day.
When I went to Amsterdam, I noticed they *love* paprika crisps there for some reason. Every brand does a paprika flavour - in one shop they even had their own section. It’s like the Yanks with dill pickle.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Walker's Plain Crisps, Topic and a water ... I know!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Salt and pepper Kettle chips, Lipton's lemon tea, and a Ritter Sport dark chocolate and mint. Cheers.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
When I went to Amsterdam, I noticed they *love* paprika crisps there for some reason. Every brand does a paprika flavour - in one shop they even had their own section. It’s like the Yanks with dill pickle.
Yeah I grabbed a massive bag of Lays Paprika, from one of those self-serve supermarkets , as I drunkenly weaved my way back to my hotel.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yeah I grabbed a massive bag of Lays Paprika, from one of those self-serve supermarkets , as I drunkenly weaved my way back to my hotel.
Exactly the same, good old Albert Heijn… was a bit buggered if I didn’t fancy paprika though!

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Walkers Max Paprika, Cherry Ripe, Bundaberg Ginger Beer.

Not sure where in the world I'd get that combo (if anywhere), but there we go.
Actually ... if I'm going to be Aussie enough to pick Cherry Ripe and Bundaberg Ginger Beer, I'll swap the Walker's for a packet of Chicken Twisties.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Not so unsurprisingly hardly anyone buys a newspaper. Far to to easy to to digest all the news online.

For me it's a vanilla diet coke and a Grab Bag size of salt and vinegar Discos. The king of salt and vinegar snacks!

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
If I was Gareth Southgate I'd live dangerously and have a packet of salt n shake (remove salt sachets for h&s reasons), plain museli bar and a bottle of still water

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Cheese and Onion crisps, Dairy Milk and Orange Fanta ( preferably from a bottle)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here