Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] You Don’t Know How Lucky You Are

el punal

What an absolutely lovely weekend for me! Firstly I had to get rid of my Palace ticket as I was told I had to attend my granddaughter’s school concert of ‘Beauty and the Beast’ (see a previous post). Next I was told I couldn’t go as I had a hacking 100 day cough and would disturb the rest of the audience so got binned off to stay at my daughter’s house for the proceedings. Then, had to pick up the family from said concert during the last minutes of the game. All of this happening in Croydon!

The buggeration of all of this was that I could have schlepped off to East Croydon, caught a southbound train, gone to the game and returned with all the Palace fans (what was left of them) and had the biggest, gloatiest gloat of all time. But no. So those of you that went, I will quote from the film ‘Life of Brian’ - “You lucky, lucky b*stards!” :tantrum:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What an absolutely lovely weekend for me! Firstly I had to get rid of my Palace ticket as I was told I had to attend my granddaughter’s school concert of ‘Beauty and the Beast’ (see a previous post). Next I was told I couldn’t go as I had a hacking 100 day cough and would disturb the rest of the audience so got binned off to stay at my daughter’s house for the proceedings. Then, had to pick up the family from said concert during the last minutes of the game. All of this happening in Croydon!

The buggeration of all of this was that I could have schlepped off to East Croydon, caught a southbound train, gone to the game and returned with all the Palace fans (what was left of them) and had the biggest, gloatiest gloat of all time. But no. So those of you that went, I will quote from the film ‘Life of Brian’ - “You lucky, lucky b*stards!” :tantrum:
You were told? So basically you missed the game as they wanted a lift? FFS!

el punal

You were told? So basically you missed the game as they wanted a lift? FFS!
Exactly FFS! Shit happens. Suck it up. You name it.

Although not quite like you put it as I was already committed. With hindsight I would have not got rid of my ticket, stayed at home, played the man flu card and gone to the game. The consequences however . . . . :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here