Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You could do worse than this guy

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
Evening Seagulls from your friendly local Stokie.

I see my second favourite team is looking for a striker following Murrays defection to the enemy! How dare he, its akin to Alan Smith going to Man u from Leeds! Should be a law against it.

You might recall the last time we played you in the league was a meaningless last game of the season during the McGee Holocaust year when a young debutant by the name of Rooney ( Adam ) played for us that day and scored a very nice hatrick in a 1-5 victory to the worlds finest football technitions.

Bizarrely he never got a look in at Stoke after that and eventually ended up at Inverness under Terry Butcher. I always thought, although he lacked a bit of pace, he did have the natural ball skills ( probably why he never made it at Stoke :0) to make it at least at Championship level. He was a bit lightweight 5 years ago but has filled out and looks very strong on the ball if not whippet like in pace.

Now I know the SPL is nothing like the English leagues in quality but this guy has been very consistently hitting the net up there over the last 3 seasons and is very highly regarded by his manager. They desperately want to keep him but he is now available on a Bosman and looking for a move south of the border. With no transfer fee involved I am sure BHA could easily match his wage demands and he would probably do a pretty good job for you this coming season. Not really a Pulis Like footballer sadly so he won't be coming to Stoke

Someone ought to tip Gus off as he is probably not aware of the lad. Probably not good enough for the Premier League but could help fire you up amongst them next season.

Just a thought like.

Regards

JoeB :guitar:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Joe B

Thanks for your post.

I think I saw his name crop up on a post a few days ago but many thanks to you for taking the trouble of posting on our board.

So sorry that you did not triumph at Wembley but you did give a very good account of yourselves against the money - Next time !!

Good luck for next season !

Al

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
Sorry guys missed the original post. Just back from a week in Portugal so not upto date with previous topics.

I do think this guy is definitely worth a shot and when strikers seems to cost a fortune these days, to get him on a Bosman at his age is almost a no brainer with his record of finding the net consistently. We certainly liked the look of him but the Manager ( Boskamp ) was sacked after that game against you and as Pulis only signs 8ft tall players he was never going to be given the chance to develop in our team!

Thanks for your kind words wgray_128. Sadly I have to disagree re the Cup Final. We just didn't turn up on the day and were lucky to get nil basically! The scoreline flattered us and Man City fully deserved the win. It would have been a Victory for the masses if we could have beaten the money but alas it was not meant to be. Gutting after waiting 148 years for our first FA Cup final.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Looking at his stats he does seem pretty prolific. Shame about the Cup Final, most neutrals wanted Stoke to win. Anyway better luck next season, I would think that this guy has been checked out by us though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What are his stats then?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Basically 1 goal per 2 games in SPL, rubbish at Yeovil, Chesterfield and Bury.. Thanks for the suggestion but we need better than this IMO.

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
Basically 1 goal per 2 games in SPL, rubbish at Yeovil, Chesterfield and Bury.. Thanks for the suggestion but we need better than this IMO.

But he has been at Inverness for 3 seasons now and has probably started to fulfill his potential. He's only 22/23 now and was definitely a little too lightweight in his late teens hence his poor form at Yeovil etc.

A goal every other game, even if it is the SPL is still pretty impressive.

As someone has said, Gus has probably checked him out and obviously he knows what he is doing.

If Derby and Reading are looking at him then he must have improved considerably to be on their radars.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here