Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You cant blame russell for that

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Refereeing was shocking, absolutely shocking, (i was there) despite that some good moments (dicker needs to flipping start!) but the defense does need sorting, they lost us this match today, although tunnicliffe was good and whing had a cracking shot. Oh and also depsite going to nine we kept chasing it.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The only possible wrong decision was Elphick, Hawkins pulled the player back who was free on goal.

Negative for me was Forster who looked very poor.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
RS selected the team , he has to take full responsibility.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
If your auntie had bollocks, she'd be your uncle......7-1....2-4 who is to blame then, the players?....Who picks the team.

What would be your masterplan after having two men sent off? Come on, i'm sure we'd all love to hear it

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I blame Russell for again leaving out our most gifted midfielder and sticking with the same central midfield pairing that has created nothing in the first four games.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Absolutely nothing wrong with the ref. The only debatable decision was Elphick's first yellow which I couldn't see properly. The second yellow was a stupid challenge and Hawkins' red was spot on.

Our defending was embarrassing, even with 11 men. I think Slade has to take responsibility for the defeat.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The ref was not rubbish, both the sendings off were the right decisions. Our defenders were standing off too much.

Lets stop blaming everyone else, sort out our defence and start getting some points

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Knee jerk rubbish as usual. No manager should lose his job after a game like that. The Albion were by far the better side & unlucky pure & simple. No way Elphick deserved to go, I Didn't see Hawks but the ref seemed to be looking for it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Absolutely nothing wrong with the ref. The only debatable decision was Elphick's first yellow which I couldn't see properly. The second yellow was a stupid challenge and Hawkins' red was spot on.

Our defending was embarrassing, even with 11 men. I think Slade has to take responsibility for the defeat.

Agreed. I thought the ref had a good game. Elphick led with the arm and poleaxed their keeper. That's at least a yellow. He also correctly booked Dickinson for a dive. I'd love to blame him, but he got all the big decisions right.

maxnug

Jun 9, 2008
Worst ref i've seen! Cost us the game, Elphick was right to chalenge for the ball for his first booking and second one, he won the ball. Hawkins pulled the guy bak because every1 in the stadium apart from the lino saw that the lad was yards offside. I thought we deserved to win today, it was a freak result. Drop Navarro and bring in Dicker! Whoever says we should sack slade already are way too fickle. Dickinson really impressed me, he will be class for us!

butters14

Mar 22, 2008
sorry but the ref was right on all the bookings and sendings off, including Dickinson. I'm a big fan of his already, but he goes down much too easily.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Hawkins pulled the guy bak because every1 in the stadium apart from the lino saw that the lad was yards offside.

a) it's not up to the players to make and enforce decisions on the ref's behalf. The lino and ref didn't give offside, Hawkins should abide by their decision.

b) it wasn't offside. There was a brighton player in the corner near the byline playing everyone onside.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Even before the sendings off there was never the feeling that the Albion would win this match,Stockport looked dangerous when they came over the halfway line,our defence seemed to give them too much room.When we attacked on one side of the pitch after two or three passes then came the long ball to the opposite wing which gave the defenders plenty of time to challenge.The only players to impress me were the goalkeeper who made two double saves and Dickenson who although was not the lone striker but did not get enough assistance when he had the ball.
There will have to be a big improvement in play and results before I attend another match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here