Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] You break into Old Trafford...

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I have a feeling the match is going to be scrubbed today, talk of " worries about getting the players to the ground " being voiced... shows you how far we have come since football in the 70's when there were several grounds where the players coach would be bricked on a regular basis..... the really ironic one was when Birmingham City " fans " who would regularly brick Villa and Wolves coaches while having the club shirt sponsor being Auto Windscreens !

They would have appreciated The Glazers.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Are the government gonna act? If they don’t this is gonna get nasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Talk Sport divs complaining about those fans as "not true fans" but, not often I say this about United fans, well done to those who broke in. Sometimes it's the only way. No violence, no criminal damage, just anger vented. Good to feck it up for the "worldwide audience" and the fixtures of both of these "ESL clubs".
edit - Talk Sport "not wishing to speculate" then going on repeatedly about "someone must have unlocked a door for them".

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Levy is a ****, no way he was dragged along.

The 6 clubs got what they wanted complete with a UEFA badge on the side.

Where I slightly disagree is the power those top 6 clubs have (mainly Utd and Liverpool) the money they bring into the league is beyond the other 14.

UEFA folded into the clubs demands as well.

I’m not sure the Government could do much, in fact It seems Johnson was for it till he saw the push back on it.

The whole thing comes down to money, as city showed you just need to have deeper pockets than UEFA and you will win.

I was going by Nicky Campbell’s phone the morning ESL after had collapsed.

The first two callers seemed genuine lifelong Spuds. Excusing their club of all blame “Levy/Lewis only went along with it because they couldn’t be left behind, I don’t hold it against my club whatsoever. I blame it entirely on the other clubs”.

Normal tribalism resumed. Loyalty to the club.

Utter crap of course. Lockdown and the £1b stadium has left THFC with a big debt. The initial advance from JP Morgan would’ve wiped £100m’s off that debt at the stroke of a bank transfer.

All ESL clubs were fully aware of what they were doing, they’re run by clever businessmen, it was secretly in the making for many months.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I was going by Nicky Campbell’s phone the morning ESL after had collapsed.

The first two callers seemed genuine lifelong Spuds. Excusing their club of all blame “Levy/Lewis only went along with it because they couldn’t be left behind, I don’t hold it against my club whatsoever. I blame it entirely on the other clubs”.

Normal tribalism resumed. Loyalty to the club.

Utter crap of course. Lockdown and the £1b stadium has left THFC with a big debt. The initial advance from JP Morgan would’ve wiped £100m’s off that debt at the stroke of a bank transfer.

All ESL clubs were fully aware of what they were doing, they’re run by clever businessmen, it was secretly in the making for many months.

I wouldn’t have been shocked if Levy was one of the ring leaders.

But he’s got his eyes on the NFL cash.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
United fans have my backing

Points deducted or worse guaranteed though

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well done by the United fans. I hope they will do the same whenever the new date is. Only thing that can stop the Glazers is ultimately if the fans make it impossible for United to play football.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Hope they weren't too noisy, arrestable offence now

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
IMG-20210502-WA0002.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Following the police statement about violence today, R5Live going hard against the thugs who in their opinion ruined it for everyone.

Think media etc who are taking this stance are shooting themselves in the foot, not really reading the room... I hope PB & co dont walk into that trap.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Think media etc who are taking this stance are shooting themselves in the foot, not really reading the room... I hope PB & co dont walk into that trap.

If it had been us, genuinely, I think long stadium bans would’ve been handed out like confetti.

It’ll be interesting to see how Manure deal with that for the fans who ran amok on club premises, the guy who smashed the camera, the bloke who slashed a policeman across the face. I’d guess they’ll react tough on the lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here