Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] You break into Old Trafford...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Fantastic turnout of fans ! Amazed they managed to organise something as big as this and no one got wind of it ? I suppose that there will be increasing scrutiny of social media from now on .

Could've been one of those flash mobs, where people just turn up without a scooby of what is actually going on.
Manure to a T :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Souness just does not get it

He said he didn’t want the 20 club EPL broken up, he made that clear.

All he’s saying from afar is that because the EPL was such a success, it was inevitable that major clubs in Europe were going to look and cash in on that and take it to another €€€€ level. Which they’ve been trying to do repeatedly for 20 years. Those clubs see it as a natural progression.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Souness just does not get it

I agree, Souness was poor in his comments.

He said he didn’t want the 20 club EPL broken up, he made that clear.

All he’s saying from afar is that because the EPL was such a success, it was inevitable that major clubs in Europe were going to look and cash in on that and take it to another €€€€ level. Which they’ve been trying to do repeatedly for 20 years. Those clubs see it as a natural progression.

I thought he was more outspoken when the story broke a couple of weeks ago and was full of criticism for the owners. He seems to be more resigned now. If resignation sets in, then we are all stuffed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Could've been one of those flash mobs, where people just turn up without a scooby of what is actually going on.
Manure to a T :lolol:

The banners and flares would show a degree of forward planning though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree, Souness was poor in his comments.

I thought he was more outspoken when the story broke a couple of weeks ago and was full of criticism for the owners. He seems to be more resigned now. If resignation sets in, then we are all stuffed.

I said on NSC as soon as the ESL news broke that it wouldn’t happen. Two days later, proven correct.

Imho the special nature of the English/Welsh pyramid, including all the usual monied suspects, will last for good.

6 clubs won’t beat the collective might of governments, Sky/BT, fans across the UK, the media.

What I do find funny is apologists who happen to be staunch Tottenham and ManC fans excusing their clubs with “They only went along with it because other clubs did it”. Micah Richards gushing with praise for Mansour trotted out the same line just then. £2b of financial doping, they’ve corrupted football.

That’s what really riles Neville and Green & Gold .... Mansour has outgunned the Glazer’s who take money out. Handing all the silverware to the blue half of Manchester.

Tribalism will resume, the ESL will be chip paper. This summer we’ll see a transfers arms race between Chelsea, ManU and ManC, despite huge lockdown losses.

Normal order restored.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have a feeling the match is going to be scrubbed today, talk of " worries about getting the players to the ground " being voiced... shows you how far we have come since football in the 70's when there were several grounds where the players coach would be bricked on a regular basis..... the really ironic one was when Birmingham City " fans " who would regularly brick Villa and Wolves coaches while having the club shirt sponsor being Auto Windscreens !

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I said on NSC as soon as the ESL news broke that it wouldn’t happen. Two days later, proven correct.

Imho the special nature of the English/Welsh pyramid, including all the usual monied suspects, will last for good.

6 clubs won’t beat the collective might of governments, Sky/BT, fans across the UK, the media.

What I do find funny is apologists who happen to be staunch Tottenham and ManC fans excusing their clubs with “They only went along with it because other clubs did it”. Micah Richards gushing with praise for Mansour trotted out the same line just then. £2b of financial doping, they’ve corrupted football.

That’s what really riles Neville and Green & Gold .... Mansour has outgunned the Glazer’s who take money out. Handing all the silverware to the blue half of Manchester.

Tribalism will resume, the ESL will be chip paper. This summer we’ll see a transfers arms race between Chelsea, ManU and ManC, despite huge lockdown losses.

Normal order restored.

I disagree about Neville. He is scathing of the Glazers but not Mansour. At least as far as I recall. He has tended to centre on the Liverpool and Man U owners who IMO are worse than the owners of Man C. I dislike the ownership model of Man C but that is an entirely different model than the Americans. A bit like Abramovich, sportswashing which probably benefits football slightly more than speculators who only want to take money from the clubs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I disagree about Neville. He is scathing of the Glazers but not Mansour. At least as far as I recall. He has tended to centre on the Liverpool and Man U owners who IMO are worse than the owners of Man C. I dislike the ownership model of Man C but that is an entirely different model than the Americans. A bit like Abramovich, sportswashing which probably benefits football slightly more than speculators who only want to take money from the clubs.

Have a guess how much money FSG have taken out of Liverpool in their years of ownership. £Zero.

Instead they’ve made interest free loans for infrastructure.

Whilst Kroenke at Arsenal and the Glazer’s have rewarded themselves handsomely.

A top UEFA official bitterly revealed that Woodward, Agnelli and Perez were the snakes in the grass behind ESL. Juve, Barca and Real desperately need the cash.

It’s a mixed picture across nationalities.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Have a guess how much money FSG have taken out of Liverpool in their years of ownership. £Zero.

Instead they’ve made interest free loans for infrastructure.

Whilst Kroenke at Arsenal and the Glazer’s have rewarded themselves handsomely.

A top UEFA official bitterly revealed that Woodward, Agnelli and Perez were the snakes in the grass behind ESL. Juve, Barca and Real desperately need the cash.

It’s a mixed picture across nationalities.

That may be true, but I believe they were in it for the long game and hoped to cash in with the ESL. Perhaps they were the lesser evil amongst the American owners, but in the end, what on earth are they and the others of the 'big 6' doing? They have caused all this with their greed, and along with them the likes of R.Madrid and Barcelona who are really badly run. Football needs to have a different model of ownership, similar or the same as the Germans, otherwise our national game will suffer these disturbances and all the league pyramid will be at risk.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That may be true, but I believe they were in it for the long game and hoped to cash in with the ESL. Perhaps they were the lesser evil amongst the American owners, but in the end, what on earth are they and the others of the 'big 6' doing? They have caused all this with their greed, and along with them the likes of R.Madrid and Barcelona who are really badly run. Football needs to have a different model of ownership, similar or the same as the Germans, otherwise our national game will suffer these disturbances and all the league pyramid will be at risk.

Exactly.

Tony Bloom is a rarity.

Whilst all the other owners, tick some of the following:

1. Draw riches out now - Glazer, Kroenke.
2. When they eventually sell, make a huge capital gain - that’s everyone, but imho Tony Bloom does not have that in mind.
3. Promote their other businesses - Ashley, gambling companies.
4. Whitewash their corrupt/murderous state.
5. Invest ill-gotten overseas gains.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Have the Sky producers told all the presenters to now not agree with the protests ?

Souness now out of nowhere is going on about nearly being hit by a beer can and a flare.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Exactly.

Tony Bloom is a rarity.

Whilst all the other owners, tick some of the following:

1. Draw riches out now - Glazer, Kroenke.
2. When they eventually sell, make a huge capital gain - that’s everyone, but imho Tony Bloom does not have that in mind.
3. Promote their other businesses - Ashley, gambling companies.
4. Whitewash their corrupt/murderous state.
5. Invest ill-gotten overseas gains.

You missed Money Laundering (Abramovich and Usmanov).

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Good on Manchester United fans if they are unhappy with their owners. Do what you have to do to get them out of your club.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have the Sky producers told all the presenters to now not agree with the protests ?

Souness now out of nowhere is going on about nearly being hit by a beer can and a flare.

The Sky presenter really had it in for the protestors who entered club property. Making it clear that they went too far, out of order.

He normally comes across as a fence-sitter!

Team order from his bosses?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Normal order restored.

Levy is a ****, no way he was dragged along.

The 6 clubs got what they wanted complete with a UEFA badge on the side.

Where I slightly disagree is the power those top 6 clubs have (mainly Utd and Liverpool) the money they bring into the league is beyond the other 14.

UEFA folded into the clubs demands as well.

I’m not sure the Government could do much, in fact It seems Johnson was for it till he saw the push back on it.

The whole thing comes down to money, as city showed you just need to have deeper pockets than UEFA and you will win.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They have a special interest, that preceded ESL.

The Glazer’s have drawn over £1b in fees, interest and dividends.

And of course the Glazer's have never actually put a single cent of their own money in - just put MU into hock to be able to buy them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here