Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] You are the ref - bet you don't get them all right.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I went the wrong way 11 times. If only I`d got them right I would have got a brilliant 15 right

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Great quiz. I saw similar to this recently through a training course (the law change re 3 in the wall caught loads out)

The defender kicking into their own goal is one i still have a mental block over

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
C
A
C
B
B
C
C
C(goalkeeper must take a kick)
A not refs problem
B number in wall is the factor
C
C
C
A

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Final scores, (if i've mismarked or missed you out, please let me know!).

@lizard - 0 - I know you put D for everything but you still put answers for them all!
@Diablo - 4
@um bongo molongo - 4

@Blue&WhiteSea - 5
@newhaven seagull 85 - 5

@Nobby Cybergoat - 6
@simonl - 6
@Sheebo - 6
@Blatter - 6
@Harry Wilson's tackle - 6
@Barnet Seagull - 6
@The Brighton Bear - 6

@Bob! - 7
@Commander - 7
@Kojakker - 7
@helipilot - 7
@Dun Lurkin - 7
@thedonkeycentrehalf - 7
@dsr-burnley - 7

@KZNSeagull - 8
@Miami Seagull - 8
@golddene - 8
@PILTDOWN MAN - 8
@Withdean11 - 8
@WASH - 8
@papajaff - 8
@Billy the Fish - 8
@wolfie - 8
@Jeep - 8
@Mellor 3 Ward 4 - 8

@amexer - 9
@Guinness Boy - 9
@Machiavelli - 9
@Blues Guitarist - 9
@Hugo Rune - 9
@Psychobilly freakout - 9
@MJsGhost - 9
@Garry Nelson's Left Foot - 9
@jackanada - 9
@hoveboyslim - 9
@Tim Over Whelmed - 9

@Birdie Boy - 10
@Official Old Man - 10
@Cheshire Cat - 10
@drew - 10
@mejonaNO12 aka riskit - 10

@Tfitz12 - 11
@Jeremiah - 11
@Bodian - 11

And only 4 out out 54 passed - that's just over 7% ... Congratulations to:

@studio150 - 12

@jackalbion - 13
@McTavish - 13
@schmunk - 13
IMy new career as the VAR referee is assured.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
8. During kicks from the penalty mark to determine the winner of the game the home team involved has a player sent off. This dismissal now results in the home team having fewer than 7 players. What is the correct decision?

A -
Abandon the game as you cannot continue with a team who has less than 7 players as per the laws of the game.
B - Request that the away team now reduced their penalty takers to correlate the same number to that of the home team and continue the game.
C -
Do nothing and just allow the game to continue with unequal number during kicks from the penalty mark to determine the winner of the game.

This was the one that the fewest of you got correct, with only 12% of you getting it right. In the laws it says (when talking about a PK shoot-out) 'The referee must not abandon the match if a team is reduced to fewer than seven players'.
Thanks very much for doing this KSC.

Could you tell me where the answers come from as I would argue that this one is incorrect? The law is very specific that numbers must be equalised before the shootout but there is no mention of further equalisation once the shootout is under way so I thought C was the right answer. In addition, if the player dismissed is the Goalkeeper, then he must be replaced so B would be incorrect (although so would the other two...)

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
C is defo the right answer the number of kicks must be equal but the number of players doesn’t have to be
The ref may ask the team to drop a player for the sake of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct but it’s not the law they have to
It think this is an American quiz
Penalty mark???

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Thanks very much for doing this KSC.

Could you tell me where the answers come from as I would argue that this one is incorrect? The law is very specific that numbers must be equalised before the shootout but there is no mention of further equalisation once the shootout is under way so I thought C was the right answer. In addition, if the player dismissed is the Goalkeeper, then he must be replaced so B would be incorrect (although so would the other two...)
You’re welcome 👍

The penalty shoot out is not part of the normal game. For example, yellow cards given in the normal game don’t carry over to PKs.

The LOTG can explain it clearer but long story short, the 7 players don’t apply during pens.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
C is defo the right answer the number of kicks must be equal but the number of players doesn’t have to be
The ref may ask the team to drop a player for the sake of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct but it’s not the law they have to
It think this is an American quiz
Penalty mark???
Penalty Mark is the term used in the Laws of the Game but its gradually being replaced (see photo).

5AA62441-7427-40BE-A01B-D858E703BB7B.jpeg

These questions are from an actual FA exam I took very recently.

See more below - you have to have the same number of players throughout a PK shootout.

A player is shown a direct red card during kicks from the penalty mark. What is the correct procedure?​

The player is sent off and the opposing team must withdraw one player as well. The referee must be informed which player is being withdrawn.

Attachments

• 1DCFDE36-AA17-47A6-A7C4-01BFB80A93C2.jpeg
    1DCFDE36-AA17-47A6-A7C4-01BFB80A93C2.jpeg
    908.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Penalty Mark is the term used in the Laws of the Game but its gradually being replaced (see photo).

View attachment 171574

These questions are from an actual FA exam I took very recently.

See more below - you have to have the same number of players throughout a PK shootout.

A player is shown a direct red card during kicks from the penalty mark. What is the correct procedure?​

The player is sent off and the opposing team must withdraw one player as well. The referee must be informed which player is being withdrawn.
Many thanks for the info👍🏻

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
You’re welcome 👍

The penalty shoot out is not part of the normal game. For example, yellow cards given in the normal game don’t carry over to PKs.

The LOTG can explain it clearer but long story short, the 7 players don’t apply during pens.

Yes, I didn't think the game should be abandoned, I just didn't think that you had to equalise once the shootout was underway as that is not in the Laws (although I see that it is in the FAQ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here