Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You are the manager: Instructions to Dunk

Your instructions to Dunk

• No more holding!

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Be more subtle.

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • Carry on as you have been. Freak incident.

Votes: 13 18.6%

• Total voters

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If we play palace, I'd tell him to do what he did to Billy Sharp.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
A young lad from one of my sons schools was taken on by Spurs at 15 years old. One of the first things he was taught was how to hold a players shirt or shorts to stop him jumping and to stand on his foot. That is what needs to be changed.
Yep absolutely - what I was taught at Brighton as a youngster, get a yard or too.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Doesn't think and just bulldozes in....way to much holding as well.
Needs to start using his brain or maybe that £5 million tag has gone to his head.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
We played away at Lincoln a few years ago and their manager Keith Alexander said on the radio after they beat us that he went to the ref before the game and asked him to watch out for Butters and Cullip shirt pulling, which he did and gave 2 penalties which they scored and knocked us out of the cup. It didnt stop them doing in again though or refs to watch them closer.. It will only happen to Dunk if the FL set him up a an example to refs.

IIRC Lincoln had 1 pen as a result of Kuipers fouling someone if we are talking around 2002/3. Other than that, spot on.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

kjgood

Wasnt he doing just about what every other central defender playing professional football does? It was made more obvious because the shirt rode up as he was pulling it, but I saw the same shirt pulling in the Spurs - West Ham game later that afternoon without action being taken.

Dunk does have a mistake in him but he's still young and somewhat inexperienced. He needs to play with an old warhorse along the lines of Tony Adams or a John Terry to learn how to foul (legally).

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I'd tell him to hold a player is fine - to try and remove his shirt is far from subtle and likely to draw the attention of a referee which is exactly what it did here

Not that it matters - he has been the worse of our three centre backs so far this season and so when Hunemeier is fit can take his rightful place back on the bench

Totally agree with Black Rods comments. Have been worried every time Dunk does a challenge in penalty area.
If Fulham come in with another offer please grab it with both hands.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Dunk does have a mistake in him but he's still young and somewhat inexperienced.
I think Dunk is a very good player, and I'm very happy to have him playing for the Albion. With him on the books, along with Greer, Uwe and Goldson, our options at centre back are just about as good as they've ever been.
He's good - but not perfect - but this trotting out of, "but he's still young and somewhat inexperienced" every time he makes an error has got to stop. He's 24 years old now, with more than 100 games played!

kjgood

He's good - but not perfect - but this trotting out of, "but he's still young and somewhat inexperienced" every time he makes an error has got to stop. He's 24 years old now, with more than 100 games played!

I agree he is a good player and I am happy to have him at the club, oh to be perfect of course he's going to make mistakes, every defender does, if he didnt he wouldnt be at our level. If he had played 100 games alongside John Terry I would have expected him to be better than he is, but he hasnt. 100 games and 24 years old in my view is and I quote 'Somewhat inexperienced' as a proffessional footballer in a key position.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree he is a good player and I am happy to have him at the club, oh to be perfect of course he's going to make mistakes, every defender does, if he didnt he wouldnt be at our level. If he had played 100 games alongside John Terry I would have expected him to be better than he is, but he hasnt. 100 games and 24 years old in my view is and I quote 'Somewhat inexperienced' as a proffessional footballer in a key position.
100 games, mostly alongside the very experienced Gordon Greer - really should be losing the 'inexperienced' tag by now. He's three years older than John Stones of Everton and England, and has twenty odd more matches under his belt..............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here