Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] "You and your wife will be in jail and your kids will be taken away from you."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just listened to one of my American podcasts.

Someone wrote into say they were on an overbooked flight.
Steward stands at the front and explains the situation then offers:-

$250 + another ticket - silence.
$750 + another ticket - one hand goes up, and off they go.

The consensus in the studio was the passenger went too early, but nevertheless why is that so difficult in all situations.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Exactly.

I flew with United to the states in February to Boston. At the departure lounge they announced the flight was overbooked, and offered people £600 to get another flight (likely to be later that day).

I was overseeing a group so couldn't change flights, but both myself and 4 other staff members agreed we would've been very tempted had we not had the responsibility of 50 kids.

I would have been tempted because I was about to board a plane in charge of 50 kids!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Exactly.

I flew with United to the states in February to Boston. At the departure lounge they announced the flight was overbooked, and offered people £600 to get another flight (likely to be later that day).

I was overseeing a group so couldn't change flights, but both myself and 4 other staff members agreed we would've been very tempted had we not had the responsibility of 50 kids.

54 x 600 = £32,500

I would have sold the lot and pocketed what would have probably been a years salary for a teacher. Then travel the next day and tell them it was a camping adventure in the airport.

Either that or if there had been a few kids getting on my nerves on the trip, theirs' would have been sold

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here