Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yoga & Meditation

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I was talking to a friend about all this a while back, we were going to go to beginner meditation classes with a place that's in Brighton but runs classes around sussex.

It's all really interesting stuff and something I'd love to explore. Think I might try and start in the autumn.

Here's the link http://meditateinbrighton.com/

I also had a look at yoga classes but I didn't want to travel too far and everything in mid sussex seemed to aimed exclusively at women.

That was my worry and I am just doing it at home for now but need to learn some form! My Mrs said the ones around here (Eastbourne area) are not so bad for exclusivity towards women, cheers for the link as well that looks interesting

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Don't deny thoughts and emotions at the start. Just acknowlegdge them and "don't give them energy" ....soon they will lessen and then dissapate......then a small void will come - once you get to know this void it will grow and become more familiar.

Yoga in the West is really just stretching - I recommend a one to one teacher who learnt in India, then do it alone, then mediation straight after.

...and an Indian tea will allow your mediation to become meditation.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I find that just doing the upward and downward dog for 30 secs each, along with hamstring stretches each morning, works wonders for my lower back and takes the pains away.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I will end up doing some for sure

To be honest I did one one-to-one session and then joined a small group of of about 10 people, really look forward to the sessions.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I took a course in meditation many years ago at college and it's something I used to do quite regularly. I had really nice thought process including the journey of a seagull from a grassy cliff top in to the sunny sky, diving down in to the sea and then floating on the waves. Unfortunately I now struggle to achieve clarity of thought so simply can't complete the journey without my mind wondering off and thinking of other things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here