Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet still people will defend Dick Knight

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
No matter what he may have done years ago he is now killing this club of OURS. It's not intentionally, I accept that, it is basically because he is out of his depth and incapable of running a football club. There is no shame in that, I am sure it is s tough job, especially at this level, but what is shameful is his inability to admit it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No matter what he may have done years ago he is now killing this club of OURS. It's not intentionally, I accept that, it is basically because he is out of his depth and incapable of running a football club. There is no shame in that, I am sure it is s tough job, especially at this level, but what is shameful is his inability to admit it.
Yep spot on its the same old shite from 11 years ago "dick saved our club"people need to get real and move on:censored:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I don't think he was on the pitch...

You know, the place where games are lost and won.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut

I am not in the Dick is God gang but him stepping aside will not help our current posisition...............a new decent manager just might

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Teams win because of managers, despite managers, and sometimes, like recently at Millwall, without any manager at all...

Replacing the manager is always the first bright idea people have because it's easier than replacing twenty players.

The long and the short of it is that apart from say, the bottom six or eight of League Two, and the top six to eight of League One, everyone between is roughly interchangeable with each other. The differences in that cohort are so slight that what we attribute to the 'manager losing the dressing room', or whatever, is almost entirely due to chance.

Testimony to how hard it is to emerge not by luck but by design from that vast ruck in the middle it that teams are willing to risk going into administration, and sometimes their very survival, to pull it off.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Teams win because of managers, despite managers, and sometimes, like recently at Millwall, without any manager at all...

Replacing the manager is always the first bright idea people have because it's easier than replacing twenty players.

The long and the short of it is that apart from say, the bottom six or eight of League Two, and the top six to eight of League One, everyone between is roughly interchangeable with each other. The differences in that cohort are so slight that what we attribute to the 'manager losing the dressing room', or whatever, is almost entirely due to chance.

Testimony to how hard it is to emerge not by luck but by design from that vast ruck in the middle it that teams are willing to risk going into administration, and sometimes their very survival, to pull it off.

Maybe in non-league football, but this is a football club being run as a business and there is far more to it. WHich is why there is no shame in not being able to do it.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
As I posted yesterday knights time has gone the only reason he is here is because of the nostalgic connection he has. I was at those dark goldstone days. We are not much further down the line in league table or football quality terms than we were at gillingham

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Hercules, I would maintain we -- not just the punters, anyone -- have a very poor idea ex ante what 'doing it' means. The people who run the clubs don't have a very good idea either -- and it's not their fault.

Winning teams are winning teams because they win. We can see the results -- but that doesn't mean we have a fair idea of what the cause(s) are.

The only magic bullet is 'clearly superior personnel'. And to obtain that you need sheer luck (several Bobby Zamoras, at the same time) or pots of money.

And even then you can fail.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Hercules, I would maintain we -- not just the punters, anyone -- have a very poor idea ex ante what 'doing it' means. The people who run the clubs don't have a very good idea either -- and it's not their fault.

Winning teams are winning teams because they win. We can see the results -- but that doesn't mean we have a fair idea of what the cause(s) are.

The only magic bullet is 'clearly superior personnel'. And to obtain that you need sheer luck (several Bobby Zamoras, at the same time) or pots of money.

And even then you can fail.

I can live with failure if people are running things in a manner that could ideally lead us to success, but at present I think our Chairman is making decision which are affecting the ability of the club to progress. The world Falmer should basically be banned, because until we are sitting in it, it doesn't matter. What matters is the team we have now. I do think it has the ability to stay up, but it needs to be run properly and at the moment it is a shambles!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here