Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet more demands for special treatment from muslims

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
when you look at these particular threads you always get one bloke saying its the same people over and over again being "offended"
when in fact no one has actually said they have been "offended"

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
These threads are always about a group of people that seem permanently offended. The supporters of these permanently offended people then get offended when the position of the permanently offended gets challenged. Thus making the challengers out to be the offended.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] et al.
Just out of interest, when on NSC do you only see the banner adverts for 'meet single Muslims'?

It always comes up when I've had a look at the current debate, but for me it goes again quite soon only to be replaced by 'meet single cyclists', again.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So really it is those that are offended for the group of permanently offended that seem to be more offensive to those that challenge the group of permanently offended.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
[MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] et al.
Just out of interest, when on NSC do you only see the banner adverts for 'meet single Muslims'?

It always comes up when I've had a look at the current debate, but for me it goes again quite soon only to be replaced by 'meet single cyclists', again.

It had Algarve villas when I joined it, piqued my interest, as im headiing there soon, otherwise, I doubt if I had even noticed it.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
This story makes me sick. It’s been spun and portrayed in such a way to provoke the kind of frothing at the mouth behaviour so typical of those who, IMO, struggle to appreciate the complexity of life.

If you took this story at its most simple face value and fail to scratch beneath the surface and actually think, as many seem to be, it’s another example of white British Christian/Catholics, being treated as second rate citizens in their own country, with brown Muslims being afforded rights that belong to the white British Christians.

It could actually quite possibly be spun as a story of the brown Muslim wishes being disregarded and the white British Christians getting their own way; after all the white British Christians got there deceased buried exactly where they wanted, despite the wishes of the brown Muslims. The brown Muslims may well have been lied to and told that this would never happen, only for the white British Christians to come bounding along demanding it another way and getting it.

It’s probably both and neither of those scenarios, but that doesn't prevent the frothed at the mouth group of people getting even more rabid.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Yes, clearly you have an agenda. You take the murder of 3 muslims and your default position is that it was specifically because the murderer was anti-muslim (your words). If you had just read a bit more about the murders you'd see that the murderer had a problem with ALL religion not just Islam. You didn't though because of your agenda.

What's your agenda?

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
These threads are always about a group of people that seem permanently offended.

I think this says it all.

If you only read/see media sources that will only cover these slants on stories you have been manipulated.
I guess some people don't ever get past their childhood bigotries.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This story makes me sick. It’s been spun and portrayed in such a way to provoke the kind of frothing at the mouth behaviour so typical of those who, IMO, struggle to appreciate the complexity of life.

If you took this story at its most simple face value and fail to scratch beneath the surface and actually think, as many seem to be, it’s another example of white British Christian/Catholics, being treated as second rate citizens in their own country, with brown Muslims being afforded rights that belong to the white British Christians.

It could actually quite possibly be spun as a story of the brown Muslim wishes being disregarded and the white British Christians getting their own way; after all the white British Christians got there deceased buried exactly where they wanted, despite the wishes of the brown Muslims. The brown Muslims may well have been lied to and told that this would never happen, only for the white British Christians to come bounding along demanding it another way and getting it.

It’s probably both and neither of those scenarios, but that doesn't prevent the frothed at the mouth group of people getting even more rabid.

I think this post of labelling Muslims as ''brown'' and Christians as ''white'' as being the worst part of all. Colour is irrellevant. My apologies if your post was of reference to the article as opposed to your personal interpretation.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Thread title says it. Muslims (plural). So according the well rounded, well informed and un-biased views on NSC that means ALL Muslims now want to dig up graves if they don't like who their family are burried next to. Not an isolated event at all and by jove ALL muslims are to blame. It's political correctness gone mad!

Firstly I have never heard any stories of any other faith making unreasonable demands in a grave yard

Secondly, I saw my Muslim neighbour leaving the house early this morning with a shovel.

Case closed.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

It fits nicely into an agenda and therefore is deemed newsworthy. The question is, if this story did not involve Muslims would it have made the national papers?

Jan 30, 2008
Wouldn't have happened 20 years ago , couldn't care less who's burried next to who, what makes Muslims in this country so special then, aren't we all meant to be equal
regards
DR

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Always seems to be the same faith wanting though doesn't it. From 2007.

It is a peaceful resting place for 350,000 souls - an historic graveyard which now serves as a nature reserve.
But plans are afoot to dig up the ancient graves at Tower Hamlets Cemetery - and reopen it as a 21st century burial site.
Officially it would be known as a "multi-faith" cemetery but it is likely that it would principally answer calls for a Muslim graveyard in the largely-Asian East London borough.
The local newspaper has been bombarded with letters from historians and nature lovers declaring: "There is no way we'll allow them to dig up our ancestors."
But the Labour-controlled council's environment spokesman Abdal Ullah appeared to be in no doubt about the feasibility of the plan when he said: "To preserve the respect and dignity for everyone, I think most of the graves would have to be cleared out and we'd start afresh."

He said a corner of the cemetery would be reserved for Muslims who are buried in shrouds at a depth of 6ft and on their side facing Mecca.
By law, any graves more than 75 years old can be removed.

And

Jan 30, 2008
Always seems to be the same faith wanting though doesn't it. From 2007.

It is a peaceful resting place for 350,000 souls - an historic graveyard which now serves as a nature reserve.
But plans are afoot to dig up the ancient graves at Tower Hamlets Cemetery - and reopen it as a 21st century burial site.
Officially it would be known as a "multi-faith" cemetery but it is likely that it would principally answer calls for a Muslim graveyard in the largely-Asian East London borough.
The local newspaper has been bombarded with letters from historians and nature lovers declaring: "There is no way we'll allow them to dig up our ancestors."
But the Labour-controlled council's environment spokesman Abdal Ullah appeared to be in no doubt about the feasibility of the plan when he said: "To preserve the respect and dignity for everyone, I think most of the graves would have to be cleared out and we'd start afresh."

He said a corner of the cemetery would be reserved for Muslims who are buried in shrouds at a depth of 6ft and on their side facing Mecca.
By law, any graves more than 75 years old can be removed.

And

Disgusting , cant imagine knocking down a mosque to build a grave yard can you
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here