Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Yet another shooting in California

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Because the OP, who was quick to warn against 'jumping to conclusions', thought that those details supported the conclusions he himself was jumping to.

Totally wrong, but nice of you to jump to conclusions.

It’s what was being headlined at the time from sky, and I copyed and pasted it, that’s why I put “let’s not jump to conclusions”

Your post is precisely what makes me think this site is ruled by the cool elite.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Totally wrong, but nice of you to jump to conclusions.

It’s what was being headlined at the time from sky, and I copyed and pasted it, that’s why I put “let’s not jump to conclusions”

Your post is precisely what makes me think this site is ruled by the cool elite.

Im sorry. Being thick again

Sky had the headline "gun man reported to have beard and dressed in black"

Word for word?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Im sorry. Being thick again

Sky had the headline "gun man reported to have beard and dressed in black"

Word for word?

A time the time yes I have already stated before I copied and pasted part of the headline.

It seems everyone is missing the fact I also said let’s not jump to conclusions in the very first post.

Ah well, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm already passed that stage, I didn't even think 'how awful'.

US citizens are happy to allow this continue, so if they don't care, why should I?

Exactly. I nearly didn't open this thread at all. This has happened so often for so long, with so much opposition to actual gun control that, frankly . . . . .who cares? This is their country and if this is how they want to play it, so be it.

As long as we don't start thinking along the same lines.......over 150 knife mudrers in London this year. Luckily* I have started carrying a machette in my bag.

*No I haven't. Because I'm not a moron.

One other thing I have no time for is whining Americans boo hooing about the deaths of their relatives at the hands of another spotty virgin gunman. Where were you and your complaints before the massacre? It was bad luck, and a price worth paying for the right to bear arms. Now **** off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“According to the website Gun Violence Archive, more than 12,000 people have been killed by firearms in the US so far this year, including about 3,000 people under 18.
That number does not include an annual estimate of 22,000 suicides via firearm.
In the last two weeks alone, a man shot dead two people yoga studio in Florida, and another gunman opened fire on a synagogue in Pittsburgh, killing 11.”

12000 people. Wow.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A time the time yes I have already stated before I copied and pasted part of the headline.

It seems everyone is missing the fact I also said let’s not jump to conclusions in the very first post.

Ah well, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I find it truly bizarre you felt the need to put the beard part in the thread title (which has no relevance to a story about people being murdered) and then seem to act suprised that it got a reaction.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
“According to the website Gun Violence Archive, more than 12,000 people have been killed by firearms in the US so far this year, including about 3,000 people under 18.
In the last two weeks alone, a man shot dead two people yoga studio in Florida, and another gunman opened fire on a synagogue in Pittsburgh, killing 11.”

12000 people. Wow.

I’m more horrified at the circa 117 murders in London so far this year [emoji29]

329000000 population of USA
8000000. Population of London?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wars and Regimes to the Right and Left. Pol Pot, Stalin, Adolph, Crown Prince Abdullah, British arms exporters; to name a few.
So you don't think Pol Pot and Stalin were a bit mental?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

12000 people. Wow.

Thoughts and prayers.

If only everyone carried a gun there would be no gun deaths. Fact*

*Or possibly utter drivel. Who knows? Fake news.........

......boy, am I glad to be English and living in England. :O

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

12000 people. Wow.
T&P

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
So you don't think Pol Pot and Stalin were a bit mental?

Evil murderers in my eyes. Is Assad, or his father, mental or a murderer who killed to retain power?

However Psychos being mental, as you put it, is impossible to argue against.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m more horrified at the circa 117 murders in London so far this year [emoji29]

329000000 population of USA
8000000. Population of London?

That’s 2.5 times more people killed by guns in the US than knives in London.

215 knife killings across England and Wales which is believe is 215/58000000=0.00037% ie US gun killing is 9.8 times that of knife killing in England and Wales. The US seems highly skewed in the context of London/UK. I’m stating this purely for context, I have no agenda. Both are bad. RIP.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
These stories make me feel sick.

Was O'bama the only high profile politician to ever express some despair?

It is not acceptable. Things have to be done but lets face it nothing will happen because any proposals will be deemed undemocratic or flouting the 'land of the free' mantra.

If the gun to human ratio is 1:1, that's enough, so here's a plan:

Suspend all civilian gun sales. Put a big tax on bullets, not shotgun shells.
In five years time, so the idea can sink in and adjustments can be made, announce that in a further five years time it will be an offence to be in possession of any military weaponry.

Its a start.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I find it truly bizarre you felt the need to put the beard part in the thread title (which has no relevance to a story about people being murdered) and then seem to act suprised that it got a reaction.

You find it bizzare I’m annoyed, that I copyed and pasted a major news outlets headline, and then said let’s not jump to conclusions and get upset that people do.....

You know what....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I took a look at the Glock website yesterday. Check the merchandise section (yes, gun merch) , it’s quite bizarre for example, a girls slinky vest with “I’m not a pepper spray kind of girl”. What sort of goon wears this kind of shit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here