Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Yet another next manager thread

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I believe it was posted rather than emailed, and had a Swedish stamp on it.

#JustSayin

I'm not so sure back shifts at Pizza Hut will cut it, and a local weed dealer as a reference is hardly a ringing endorsement ... I'm sure his friendly and approachable demeanour will win over the doubters though.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
You can imagine that Tony and Paul would have a right old giggle with some of the CV's they receive....until they got to the twentieth I won the League in Subbuteo when every one would be greeted with a FFS!
I'm quite sure, when the new name becomes known, NSC will go into meltdown with the usual knicker wetting and who-ing and general back biting and name calling:rolleyes:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Being in big Sam!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
You can imagine that Tony and Paul would have a right old giggle with some of the CV's they receive....until they got to the twentieth I won the League in Subbuteo when every one would be greeted with a FFS!
I'm quite sure, when the new name becomes known, NSC will go into meltdown with the usual knicker wetting and who-ing and general back biting and name calling:rolleyes:

I predict that the new Head Coach will be well received by a massive majority of fans on NSC, and elsewhere. If he is not well-received it will be because Bloom and the Board have jettisoned the current club model of play, recruitment and player development, which they won't.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I believe it was posted rather than emailed, and had a Swedish stamp on it.

#JustSayin

This reminded me about that I did send a four pages long work application to Dudley FC about a year ago. Don't remember if I tried to become chairman, director of football or coach, but I never got any answer.

IIRC my best selling points were that I would work 24/7 to make it the best club in the world and that I would sleep in their club house rather than earn a salary.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
This reminded me about that I did send a four pages long work application to Dudley FC about a year ago. Don't remember if I tried to become chairman, director of football or coach, but I never got any answer.

IIRC my best selling points were that I would work 24/7 to make it the best club in the world and that I would sleep in their club house rather than earn a salary.

No chance chum.
They'll want someone prepared to offer at least 110% and nothing less will do ....

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
They’ll likely get a very polite thanks, but no thanks email.

From Barber? I reckon he could turn even “thanks but no thanks” into a 5000-word epistle.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I would take Rooney. Personally never liked the guy as a player. But think he could do a job

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I had a dream that Gus came back last night... I was delighted, or at least my subconscious was.

I woke up feeling guilt ridden, a bit like one of 'those' dreams which comprehensively does not involve your other half.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Did apply for the job for a laugh when Barry Lloyd resigned. Was absolutely amazed when I actually got a letter through the post telling me I was unsuccessful because Liam Brady had been appointed. Still got it somewhere

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Did apply for the job for a laugh when Barry Lloyd resigned. Was absolutely amazed when I actually got a letter through the post telling me I was unsuccessful because Liam Brady had been appointed. Still got it somewhere

That’s pretty cool ... nice little bit of history.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Imagine if you had got to the interview stage :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here