Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yesterdays Ref

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Proven on TV it was. I felt the yellow was harsh and the hand ball was not much different from Dunks which went unpunished. On the whole though he seemed fair to both teams, certainly nothing to moan about

I thought at the time it was deliberate but when I saw the highlights like you thought extremely harsh yellow

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
He palmed the ball into the net,should have been red,if a defender handles it away from goal he gets red so why not a forward,Oliver was star struck today and bottled it.

I thought the same at the time but deliberate handball is max yellow regardless of if you are trying to score or not, whereas preventing a goal through unfair means (not specifically handball) is a straight red. I should have know this as years ago I punched a ball into the net and the oppo went mental trying to get me sent off but the man in black said it was max yellow. See the Hand Ball thread for more info (on hand ball not my yellow card...)

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He palmed the ball into the net,should have been red,if a defender handles it away from goal he gets red so why not a forward,Oliver was star struck today and bottled it.

Off his chest if you look at the replay which was hardly deliberate in my view

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I can think of a few Championship refs who missed far more blatant offences than the Jesus handball. A pleasure to have a proper official in control.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here