Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Yesterday there was a school shooting in Colorado

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My daughter (a teacher) saw a film that they apparently show to kindergarten children in the US to tell them what to do in case of an active shooter incident. It was done in the form of a jolly song with lines like:
"Lie on the floor, don't say a word,
Don't shout out or you'll be heard!"

Incredible that it's come to this.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My daughter (a teacher) saw a film that they apparently show to kindergarten children in the US to tell them what to do in case of an active shooter incident. It was done in the form of a jolly film with lines like:
"Lie on the floor, don't say a word,
Don't shout out or you'll be heard!"

Incredible that it's come to this.

They have the same thing elsewhere. Spotted in the Amtrak train lobby and also in the lobby of an enormous building in Chicago. :nono: Crazy that it's necessary.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I got back from a 2 week trip to the US on sunday. In Amarillo, Texas, my travelling party went to the Big Texas Steakhouse which offers a free limo ride to and from the restaurant. Our chauffeur is the proud owner of 75 different guns, a dozen of which are readily available around the home. His 6 kids are all trained in usage and respect for the guns, and he is confident that any of them, including his 4 year old, could defend their property if the need arose. He proudly stated that anyone who shoots an intruder or would be intruder is praised locally and is more likely to be featured on the front page of the local newspaper rather than get arrested. Crazy reality of Texas, USA.

He was one hell of a bloke, though. Articulate, entertaining and passionate in his belief that more guns is the right answer. Arm the teachers, arm all shop staff and arm all places of worship. Bearing arms is the solution to gun crime, in his passionate opinion.

Some of the children murdered in these school shootings must be related to members of the NRA. I'm guessing their views still don't change even after their sad loss as it's their RIGHT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here