Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Yes another Potter thread....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Board of Directors wisely had an aspirational list of managerial candidates, should CH resign or TB decide that a change was required.

In the same way that Winstanley manages a ‘bible’ of prospective strikers, ACM’ers, etc.

No rules or laws broken.

Then later, the club made a legitimate move for Potter, with no complaints from Swansea.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yes it has and that hat is exactly what I said.

kisspng-aluminium-foil-tin-foil-hat-5afd9743977986.5275836215265687716205.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes I could have gone through 3 weeks of my posts but when the site has a search option one would expect it to work. If it doesn't work the function should be deleted from the site.

By the way I tried Google and didn't find the thread I wanted either, but that is a really ****ed up way of having to search.

Just go and do one, we have history and you need to ignore my posts rather than pick on them because it will never end well with your attitude to me.

Search for ‘Potter’ in thread title shows up the following. Not sure what you’re doing wrong TBH

e5ecae7637788c7e46926a0e34c852fe.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I made the statement that we must have already been in contact with Potter before we ended Hughton's contract...

However just to prove my point to those claims. From the article: https://www.football365.com/news/graham-potter-brighton-and-an-attempted-revolution

"This is why Potter was targeted by Brighton, with whispers that discussions between the two parties took place as early as February
The whispers they refer to were your own posts! That's not exactly proof is it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When I put in the exact thread title I get this:
Don't search for the entire title, as you will get results with any one of the words in the search, rather than the one result you're looking for.

Instead, go to advanced search, select 'Titles only', and search for 'Potter'. There won't be that many results. Limit the search by date too if needed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you are saying that football 365 read the original thread and made a note of my comment where I said that the club must have arranged this before dismissing Hughton? :lolol:
Yes.

If that is the case I am flattered.
I'll call that a result.

Joking aside, 'whispers' is a bit pathetic in journalistic terms. Look at the various football rumours websites, it's mostly made up BS.

Can someone who knows state exactly what the rules are regarding speaking to managers in work? What are the restrictions, before you have permission from their current club?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Don't search for the entire title, as you will get results with any one of the words in the search, rather than the one result you're looking for.

Instead, go to advanced search, select 'Titles only', and search for 'Potter'. There won't be that many results. Limit the search by date too if needed.

I searched for Potter first. The screen shot was a different search. See "Potter" search below:

potter2.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I searched for Potter first. The screen shot was a different search. See "Potter" search below:
It would appear that the search function is broken.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You would have thought that after all these years and now being in the Prem, and with outside users viewing this site that it would be more professional. It is fixable and most other football forums searches work, why not this one?

So, in summary you know how to fix it but not how to use it.... :lolol:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes.

I'll call that a result.

Joking aside, 'whispers' is a bit pathetic in journalistic terms. Look at the various football rumours websites, it's mostly made up BS.

Sometimes all we have are whispers. In fact Potter was a whisper on original NSC thread a week before. Was that coincidence? And if it wasn't then we can probably say that it was more or less a done deal in advance of Hughton being dismissed.

My assumption was based on that I was sure that Bloom would have known the target and was pretty sure it was in the bag using the information we had with Potter's name coming up so soon.

I think it was a fair comment but a handful disagreed.

Whispers or not my belief remains the same and the date of the original thread sort of back it up.

I'm no Sherlock but hey

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So, in summary you know how to fix it but not how to use it.... :lolol:

WTF are you going on about. I said it is fixable. I am not even certain it has been set up let alone to be broken.

vBulletin is a massively used professional system at a cost, and I am sure that if I went to another site that uses it the search function would work. I would be very surprised if it is the platform that is the problem.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
WTF are you going on about. I said it is fixable. I am not even certain it has been set up let alone to be broken.

vBulletin is a massively used professional system at a cost, and I am sure that if I went to another site that uses it the search function would work. I would be very surprised if it is the platform that is the problem.

Would it surprise you that I managed to find exactly the thread you were on about using the "broken" search as one of only two lines?

search 1.JPG

search 2.JPG

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
And I thought it was only me.......

When I carry out searches on NSC I always get the titles in the search results cut in half, just as is shown in the two screenshots below.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here