Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Yeovil Town v Haringey Borough F.A.Cup game abandoned.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Ok please can you tell me where I'm racist here:

Will keep 'kick it out' and all the others who make a handsome living in the 'racism in football' industry busy.

I'm absolutely intrigued as to what is racist here. Over to you to perhaps break it down and tell me whats racist.

Ok, I’m bored with this now - I was advised you were a troll, so now I will stop feeding you!

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Ok, I’m bored with this now - I was advised you were a troll, so now I will stop feeding you!

Ha ha I'm bored is a euphemism for 'I can't back up my argument'. A troll eh? How do you define that? So much to say but when backed into a corner nothing to say. Happy Saturday night. You must be a sound person as you are a BHA fan so enjoy the rest of ya weekend.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How many racists were there. ?
Couldn’t the police have sorted it out .
Abandon the game...... dearly me.
Quite. See my post no.5. According to Haringay Borough's tweat 99% of the Yeovil fans were equally disgusted; there were 200 of them. So 1% of 200 is ...... two.

How few racists does it take to make it acceptable?
Even one is unacceptable. But two or three - or even half a dozen - can be taken out by stewards and police.

Well let’s put it this way then..... it’s a shame that a few racist twats get a game called off and ruin the day for the majority of good, decent fan.
Exactly - I don't understand why the offenders - denounced by 99% of their fellow Yeovil fans - weren't just taken out, arrested and prosecuted. Like happened at the Amex.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite. See my post no.5. According to Haringay Borough's tweat 99% of the Yeovil fans were equally disgusted; there were 200 of them. So 1% of 200 is ...... two.

Even one is unacceptable. But two or three - or even half a dozen - can be taken out by stewards and police.

Exactly - I don't understand why the offenders - denounced by 99% of their fellow Yeovil fans - weren't just taken out, arrested and prosecuted.

“99%” was a figure of speech, no one knew the exact numbers.

It would take a few honest Yeovil supporters to help and identify who was the spitter, the object thrower and the racists. Can’t be hard with so few there, but have the inclination or courage to do so?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I am quite surprised how many on here seem to be questioning Haringeys motives for walking off. This has been coming for a while, just a shame in a way that it’s a small fry club that have taken this stance, but I guess the bigger clubs have more to lose...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
“99%” was a figure of speech, no one knew the exact numbers.

It would take a few honest Yeovil supporters to help and identify who was the spitter, the object thrower and the racists. Can’t be hard with so few there, but have the inclination or courage to do so?

Yes, I know 99% (I think they actually said 99.9%) was a figure of speech. But whichever way you look at it, a small minority of 200 travelling supporters ain't very many racist scumbags. Better to take 'em out and prosecute them rather than give them the power to stop matches when they are losing, no?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yes, I know 99% (I think they actually said 99.9%) was a figure of speech. But whichever way you look at it, a small minority of 200 travelling supporters ain't very many racist scumbags. Better to take 'em out and prosecute them rather than give them the power to stop matches when they are losing, no?

It is a very difficult situation to come up with the best solution.

If this were to become the norm, then it would become possible not only for the offending teams supporters to get games abandoned, but also opposition supporters could do the same by infiltrating the opposing supporters end, and if losing, hurl racist abuse at their own team, with a view to getting game abandoned!

I assume this game will be replayed, as I can’t see that the game can be awarded to either side. As said if they award to Yeovil, it would look like the racists have won, also then the scenario I mention above could become reality, where fans could act as opposition fans to get games abandoned in their favour.

The FA probably can’t award to Harringey as it would give teams the opportunity to walk off at any perceived slight...

It’s a tough one to give a definite answer to!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It is a very difficult situation to come up with the best solution.

If this were to become the norm, then it would become possible not only for the offending teams supporters to get games abandoned, but also opposition supporters could do the same by infiltrating the opposing supporters end, and if losing, hurl racist abuse at their own team, with a view to getting game abandoned!

I assume this game will be replayed, as I can’t see that the game can be awarded to either side. As said if they award to Yeovil, it would look like the racists have won, also then the scenario I mention above could become reality, where fans could act as opposition fans to get games abandoned in their favour.

The FA probably can’t award to Harringey as it would give teams the opportunity to walk off at any perceived slight...

It’s a tough one to give a definite answer to!

Not to mention the hard of hearing my call in regarding a television game and complain about racist chanting that never existed...Cardiff anyone?!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Both sides of people's arguments here are intriguing.

Those who say it could easily have been dealt with by Stewards or the so called 99% of "upstanding Yeovil fans"

It wasn't being dealt with by them. And during this time the Harringey Keeper. What about his feelings. What's he supposed to do ? Grin and bear it ?

His team mates did the right thing in walking off. Good for them

They showed all these Multi Million Pound Organisations what should be done.

They showed more balls and more of a fighting stance against Racism in 90 minutes than EUEAFA or the Multi Million Pound earning players have done in 30 years. Well done the Harringey Players

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Ok can you provide me with some quotes from me to back this up? My post earlier said 'I agree it's (racism today) is wrong. Over to you.........
No (got a life to lead and better things to do), except your previous posts on this thread hardly give you a glowing reference.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Both sides of people's arguments here are intriguing.

Those who say it could easily have been dealt with by Stewards or the so called 99% of "upstanding Yeovil fans"

It wasn't being dealt with by them. And during this time the Harringey Keeper. What about his feelings. What's he supposed to do ? Grin and bear it ?

His team mates did the right thing in walking off. Good for them

They showed all these Multi Million Pound Organisations what should be done.

They showed more balls and more of a fighting stance against Racism in 90 minutes than EUEAFA or the Multi Million Pound earning players have done in 30 years. Well done the Harringey Players

This.
Spot on

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Horrible thing to happen in this day and age....Given the size of the ground and closeness of the goalkeeper to those standing behind him, one might have thought he could identify those abusing him or get stewards/police round there to sort it out..

FBE06D0E-D946-4D0B-9635-002537EA7510.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here