Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yeovil Town FC Vs Brighton and Hove Albion FC ***Official Thread***

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
It looks like that we are the only team in the division still GELLING after 12 games, how many more games before we have gelled ? Still I expect there will be some posetives that we can take from the game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I suggest you listen to the commentary while watching the game on tuesday, and I'm sure you'll find that it sounds on the radio like we're under the kosh when they're playing in front of us causing no threat. I take the commentary with a real pinch of salt, especially from mr Canter! :O

A mugging is when you're 2-0 up but end up drawing with a truly rubbish side who get a penalty given to them with 10 minutes left. :down:

I always listen to the radio whenever I watch the games. (won't be doing either, have other plans on tuesdays). And I never get the impression it sounds like we're under the kosh when we're not etc.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I always listen to the radio whenever I watch the games. (won't be doing either, have other plans on tuesdays).

How strange !???

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What was the penalty given for and was it a dead cert one.

Slade had no complaints.

How strange !???

Was my wording confusing, or do you mean it's strange hat I listen to the commentary on the radio while watching the game?

If it's the wording, I mean I usually listen to the radio while watching games, but on tuesday I have plans so will be unable to listen to the radio and can't make it to the game.

I listen to the radio for updates in other games, explanations for confusing moments, to drown out the crowd complaining that the ref got the decision wrong when he didn't, to drown out the "we're the left side/right side" chants, and when there's no atmosphere it helps break the silence.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The fact is, we are 21st and I'm aware of that, and I'm not arguing it. We're not getting the right results at the moment and it's devastating right now. But we're nowhere near as bad as we were last season, and we ARE improving. Patience, my friends, patience!

The fact is that you could have written that post 12 months ago and it would still have been accurate , once we found out that MA wasn't much kop either.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just back from the game and it was poor tactics that cost us. We were absolutely cruising at 2-0 and playing some excellent short passing football and putting them under pressure throughout. Then Bennett was pulled back and and we dropped to the edge of our 18 yd box and let them dominate the midfield. We stopped pressing forward and took the pressure off.

Towards the end it had one of those 3-2 defeat looks about it but we managed to survive.

Yeovil were a very poor side until we backed off and gave them space and made it very easy for them.

Mind you the ref was a complete jerk and gave nearly all 50/50's to them which didn't help the flow of our game

Spot on. We could and should have been three or four up at half time - a mixture of Yeovil being crap and us playing some very neat football. The turning point was possibly when Jones took a hysterical dive in the penalty area just in front of us. It would be comical were it not for the fact that it was one of the most blatant pieces of cheating I have seen on a football pitch since, er, last year at Yeovil when Jones got Anyinsah sent off.

Anyway, the Jones dive incensed half our team, and we lost concentration. A few minutes later they storm down their left and a well-taken goal results, just minutes before the HT whistle.

Second half, and we retreated to the edge of our box, and basically GIFTED the midfield to Yeovil. It really was pathetic. The ref was a disaster, and the penalty was always going to happen. Unlike at the other end, when Murray was blatantly pushed in the box just yards in front of us, and the ref gave a free kick to Yeovil - what a joke.

In the end, I'm just glad we hung on for the draw. The good news is that the classiest player on the pitch by a country mile was Glen Murray...he looked really sharp when he came on, and will hopefully start on Tuesday.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Me and Tone speak every other day. Based on previous evidence, he's not the sort of bloke to hang about. You don't get a personal fortune like that by doing so. Not sure that changing the manager again is the right thing to do, but I reckon in the long term he'd prefer his own men in.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Me and Tone speak every other day. Based on previous evidence, he's not the sort of bloke to hang about. You don't get a personal fortune like that by doing so. Not sure that changing the manager again is the right thing to do, but I reckon in the long term he'd prefer his own men in.

Totally agree , Slade was DK's 3rd choice for the job and now that TB is in charge it wont be too long before he asks for a new deck.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
:shrug: What's happening fellas. You get a 2 goal start, AND STILL f*** IT UP :wanker:s

green goblin

Sep 17, 2009
we were very happy with the draw with 4 players on international duty a made up side we were happy to come back fron 2-0 down

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was disappointed that we failed to hold on to a 2-0 lead but reading the stats on BBC it appears that we were 2nd best on every aspect other than fouls committed, so perhaps a draw was the right result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here