Yeovil Town FC Vs Brighton and Hove Albion FC ***Official Thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Miserable bastard.

We've been absolutely bloody mugged, again, I'm gutted. We don't deserve to be 21st, anyone who has seen us play knows we are better than the league suggests and the results will come, with patience. We're improving game by game, we've scored 2 good goals from the sounds of it and that shows improvement.
:albion2:

Will you still be saying this if we r in the bottom 4 at xmas...we might deserve to be in a better position but we are not because we keep losing...but if your happy with that...:shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Miserable bastard.

. We don't deserve to be 21st:albion2:

there you go again with this sort of statement

Yes we do...the reason....we are not getting enough points....simple as.

Are we a better team that the shower last season?

well...we beat Yeovill 5-0 last year didnt we? when we were dreadful

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Will you still be saying this if we r in the bottom 4 at xmas...we might deserve to be in a better position but we are not because we keep losing...but if your happy with that...:shrug:

Obviously, I want us to be a successful team and I don't want to be drawing 2-2 with tosh like Yeovil. But you have to be realistic and realise that we are still a team being built and developed and come december, Slade will have us performing how he wants us to. We WON'T be in this position at Christmas, if we are, then there's a good chance I will have changed my tune. But it won't come to that!

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Obviously, I want us to be a successful team and I don't want to be drawing 2-2 with tosh like Yeovil. But you have to be realistic and realise that we are still a team being built and developed and come december, Slade will have us performing how he wants us to. We WON'T be in this position at Christmas, if we are, then there's a good chance I will have changed my tune. But it won't come to that!

Agree with you, for once!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

I truly hope thats the case Ninja...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
there you go again with this sort of statement

Yes we do...the reason....we are not getting enough points....simple as.

Are we a better team that the shower last season?

well...we beat Yeovill 5-0 last year didnt we? when we were dreadful

The fact is, we are 21st and I'm aware of that, and I'm not arguing it. We're not getting the right results at the moment and it's devastating right now. But we're nowhere near as bad as we were last season, and we ARE improving. Patience, my friends, patience!

We beat Yeovil 5-0 at HOME. :thumbsup: Away games are different anyway.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Yeovil were well under strength today as well. Verdict is not even close to being good enough. Defence a joke

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The fact is, we are 21st and I'm aware of that, and I'm not arguing it. We're not getting the right results at the moment and it's devastating right now. But we're nowhere near as bad as we were last season, and we ARE improving. Patience, my friends, patience!

We beat Yeovil 5-0 at HOME. :thumbsup: Away games are different anyway.

after many many years of watching football, you can normally tell how things are going to go after 10 games....if you dont look like you have gelled by 10 games, then you are in for a long season......

After the last year, we may have so called better players, but I am yet to see a better "team"

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
after many many years of watching football, you can normally tell how things are going to go after 10 games....if you dont look like you have gelled by 10 games, then you are in for a long season......

After the last year, we may have so called better players, but I am yet to see a better "team"

There's alot of truth in that, but it isn't unheard of to start slowly and to start sluggishly and then finish strongly. Our first season at the Withdean we were hopeless for long spells at the start, remember Chester? 3-2 defeat and the "Adams out" screams were out in force after that one. But we finished with a 16 match unbeaten run, because he was building a team and he was developing the style of football. It's annoying in the short term and it's gutting how we're doing right now, but we'll be a good side before too long.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The major difference from last season is that with our Chairman putting his own money on the pitch he won't hang around. Unless something changes in the next few of games Slade will be out, irrespective of whether you think he's the man for the job or not.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Look, with respect, when you're listening to a match on the radio, whenever the opposition have the ball it feels like you're under pressure and you feel like they're all over us. But in reality, I don't remember Michel Kuipers having had too many saves to make and I can't recall any quality saves that they've been talking about in the commentary there. If they'd scored a goal from open play, or even a corner/free kick then fair enough... but they've got a penalty kick with 10 minutes left... to me that feels like a mugging.

But it wasn't just "yeovil in possession" it was "yeovil get in behind the defence" "yeovil go close", "yeovil on the attack" "Brighton are not in this at all" "Brighton need to get a hold of the ball and try to get into this game".

'A mugging' is when you're dominating the game, and the other team catch you on the break, when on the balance of play you deserve to win, but lose. It's not when your opponents have most of the possession but need a set piece to win.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Just back from the game and it was poor tactics that cost us. We were absolutely cruising at 2-0 and playing some excellent short passing football and putting them under pressure throughout. Then Bennett was pulled back and and we dropped to the edge of our 18 yd box and let them dominate the midfield. We stopped pressing forward and took the pressure off.

Towards the end it had one of those 3-2 defeat looks about it but we managed to survive.

Yeovil were a very poor side until we backed off and gave them space and made it very easy for them.

Mind you the ref was a complete jerk and gave nearly all 50/50's to them which didn't help the flow of our game

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
There's alot of truth in that, but it isn't unheard of to start slowly and to start sluggishly and then finish strongly. Our first season at the Withdean we were hopeless for long spells at the start, remember Chester? 3-2 defeat and the "Adams out" screams were out in force after that one. But we finished with a 16 match unbeaten run, because he was building a team and he was developing the style of football. It's annoying in the short term and it's gutting how we're doing right now, but we'll be a good side before too long.

We signed Zamora which was the reason we suddenly started winning

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
But it wasn't just "yeovil in possession" it was "yeovil get in behind the defence" "yeovil go close", "yeovil on the attack" "Brighton are not in this at all" "Brighton need to get a hold of the ball and try to get into this game".

'A mugging' is when you're dominating the game, and the other team catch you on the break, when on the balance of play you deserve to win, but lose. It's not when your opponents have most of the possession but need a set piece to win.

I suggest you listen to the commentary while watching the game on tuesday, and I'm sure you'll find that it sounds on the radio like we're under the kosh when they're playing in front of us causing no threat. I take the commentary with a real pinch of salt, especially from mr Canter! :O

A mugging is when you're 2-0 up but end up drawing with a truly rubbish side who get a penalty given to them with 10 minutes left. :down:

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008

Utter bollocks!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We signed Zamora which was the reason we suddenly started winning

At the end of the season, we didn't have Zamora. We had Brooker on the wing. :ohmy: What is to stop us signing another barnstorming striker next summer who bangs in 32 and wins us the league? We already have Murray, remember.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The major difference from last season is that with our Chairman putting his own money on the pitch he won't hang around. Unless something changes in the next few of games Slade will be out, irrespective of whether you think he's the man for the job or not.

On the other hand, since the chairman is putting his money in, will he listen to the fans so eagerly? Given how important Bloom's investment was to the survival of this club, will fans be as quick to call for him to go for his inaction on the manager front.

I mean, a lot of the people calling for Adams to go, were also criticising Knight for not putting money in, so in their view knight was bringing nothing in to the club and so they had no hesitation saying "Knight's inaction is costing th club, he needs to go" - a line of protest that I believe led to McGhee going (from what I remember the difference between 'the board' decided to keep mcghee in the summer, and october when "Dick knight listens to the fans and gives them what the wants" and fired mcghee, was th fans went from "mcghee out" to "Knight and McGhee out!").

Since Bloom's money is so important, will people be more reluctantto go from "Slade out" to "Slade and Bloom out"

I hope I explained that clearly, I feel like I rambled...

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
At the end of the season, we didn't have Zamora. We had Brooker on the wing. :ohmy: What is to stop us signing another barnstorming striker next summer who bangs in 32 and wins us the league? We already have Murray, remember.

Because if he's any good he wont be coming to play for a bottom four side in league 1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports