Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yeovil Reserves Farce

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
at the risk of fixtures ..... made me laugh though not sure why

From BBC

Yeovil fuming over reserve match
Chairman John Fry said Yeovil will "be seriously considering our future participation" in the Somerset Premier Cup after Tuesday's game at Minehead.
Despite winning the tie 5-2, Fry told his club's website: "The game made a complete mockery of the competition.

"The pitch was an utter disgrace, and our goalkeeper was subjected to coins being thrown at him.

"And in all my years in football, I have never seen two children ride bikes across the pitch during a match."

He added: "My manager fielded players worth thousands of pounds, yet if we had lost one to injury, we would not have been in a position to replace them until January."

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Rusco said:
"And in all my years in football, I have never seen two children ride bikes across the pitch during a match."

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Could have been worse, they might have pushed them accross. That would have taken a lot longer.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Rusco said:

From BBC

"The pitch was an utter disgrace, and our goalkeeper was subjected to coins being thrown at him.

That sounds very similar to a game I played against P.C.C when I was 12 or 13. There were two or three lads who were watching the game on their bikes. The first half they stood behind my goal and shouted various insults and thrats at me. in the second half they decided to pass the time by lobbing several coins and numerous stones at me. At one point they rode their bikes down the bank and tried to run me over. They then topped off their virtuoso perfermance by telling my manager he was gay and that he should f*** off before they 'did him over'.:ohmy: :lol:

didn't stop us beating them though.*

Charming place P.C.C was in those days.

*actually I can't remember if we did or not, but I like to think we did.

Who knows, there may have been an ordinance of National Park bylaws that must allow public thoroughfare and right to pass.
If the coins were thrown, then it's possible that there was a prominent Indian player participating, in which case it is common practise to give some sorts of monetary gifts.

I hope Mr Fry has checked his facts before he goes arbitrarily throwing accusations and recriminations about. ???

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Rusco said:

From BBC

Yeovil fuming over reserve match
Chairman John Fry said Yeovil will "be seriously considering our future participation" in the Somerset Premier Cup after Tuesday's game at Minehead.
Despite winning the tie 5-2, Fry told his club's website: "The game made a complete mockery of the competition.

He added: "My manager fielded players worth thousands of pounds, yet if we had lost one to injury, we would not have been in a position to replace them until January."

it's good but not Easy 10 good :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Should this be a serious story from Yeovil Town FC then the Chairman would be advised to read FA Rules which state that every club must take part in their County Cup Competition dependant upon which level that they play at. Hence BHA have to take part in The Sussex Senior Cup unless the County FA grant them special dispensation as Surrey FA do with CPFC. It was an agreement that CPFC do not take part in the Surrey Senior Cup but play the winners in a pre season friendly at the winners home ground in aid of Surrey Benevolent Fund. I assume that is still happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here