Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

yeovil away

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Every time we are due to play yeovil I await Easy 10's post he really hates the place.
Sure its an awkward place to get to even from Plymouth by train. But I have been noticing the away terrace on tv this year even midweek and it always seems nearly full from fans of clubs much further away and just or more tricky to get to than Brighton. They are obviously prepared to make the horrible journey to watch their team. It will be disappointing if we dont take many.
Not having a pop its a choice you dont have to go

Most of the teams in this league won't have played Yeovil before, we've had the privilege of playing them annually since 2008 or something stupid like that so it's easy to see why we might be a bit less enthusiastic about it having visited numerous times before and being fully aware of how shit the place is.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's my "home" game this season. It's 40 miles away, yet takes nearly 3 hours on the train. And, of course, the train deposits you about 40 miles away from the ground.

I hate the place but will, reluctantly, be there.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My sister in law lives there, with my nephews and niece. So I will be going.

But yes, Yeovil is an absolute shithole. Why she chose to live there is beyond me - she comes from a lovely town on the Dorset coast.

And their ground...it makes Northampton's, or Crawley's feel full of character.

Familial duty will be done, and the pain of having to visit that cesspit will be somewhat offset by being able to go and see the Albion.

Is Yeovil that bad now? the town rather than the football ground.
My father(RIP) was from Yeovil and I always used to stay in Yeovil with family, I grew up in Brighton and did think the town was a bit dull, but thought the area was ok.
My grandparents and aunt lived on a large council estate in the town, but I don't remember it being that bad.
Looking forward to going to this match as I have not been to their 'new' ground, went to the old one in town a few times in the non-league days.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Is Yeovil that bad now? the town rather than the football ground.
My father(RIP) was from Yeovil and I always used to stay in Yeovil with family, I grew up in Brighton and did think the town was a bit dull, but thought the area was ok.
My grandparents and aunt lived on a large council estate in the town, but I don't remember it being that bad.
Looking forward to going to this match as I have not been to their 'new' ground, went to the old one in town a few times in the non-league days.

Believe me, it is dire.

Charity shops and discount shops rule the town centre, where feckless youths wander around with nothing to do, wearing their very best shell suits.

Architecturally disturbed, culturally disabled.

Countryside is OK though.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
That's because for the majority, it was probably a new ground for them to tick off and they had little idea what an inaccessible armpit the whole place is.

I bet they won't be so keen to revisit?

When Palace played there a few seasons ago, we sold out the away end for the first round of the League Cup. As you said, I wonder how many would go back if they had the chance?

Like many games on the South Coast, there seems to be a stereotype that it must be a good away day 'cos it's on the beach. The only one I'd enjoy if I wasn't from there would probably be Brighton, even Southampton and Bournemouth are pretty dull.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Believe me, it is dire.

Charity shops and discount shops rule the town centre, where feckless youths wander around with nothing to do, wearing their very best shell suits.

Architecturally disturbed, culturally disabled.

Countryside is OK though.

I was talking about Yeovil not NEWHAVEN :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I will roll up on the day as usual hopefully witb a couple of the grandkids in tow as they live in Bridgwater.
As usual I will allow two hours to escape the car park - makes Bennetts Field seem organised :(

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I will roll up on the day as usual hopefully witb a couple of the grandkids in tow as they live in Bridgwater.
As usual I will allow two hours to escape the car park - makes Bennetts Field seem organised :(

Which is why I will park 20 minutes' walk from the ground.

Jan 30, 2008
When Palace played there a few seasons ago, we sold out the away end for the first round of the League Cup. As you said, I wonder how many would go back if they had the chance?

Like many games on the South Coast, there seems to be a stereotype that it must be a good away day 'cos it's on the beach. The only one I'd enjoy if I wasn't from there would probably be Brighton, even Southampton and Bournemouth are pretty dull.
you only go to WEST STREET with the OB in tow :rolleyes:
regards
DR

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Bridgwater, I went there last year and that place could do with a good scrub!
Nice surrounding countryside though.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Really looking forward to going to Yeovil can't wait to stand on a terrace again

I stood on a terrace tonight, at Truro City. It's not that exciting...

Where to park at Yeovil, that doesn't take two hours to escape?

Jan 30, 2008
You coming to Yeovil Das?
You know you want to!:)
no , like someone else said the grounds right out of the way and to be honest it doesn't hold a lot of interest town wise . stopped off in Yeovil a few years back after a few days break in north Somerset.
regards
DR

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Every English division has a pig of an away ground to get to.

The Premier League has Swansea, the Championship has Yeovil, League One has Carlisle, League Two has Scunthorpe and the Conference has Hereford.

Lack of motorways, sheer distance, possible rail replacement buses and just drab, dreary places make at least one fixture a season as attractive as Anne Widdecambe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here