Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yellow cards in our games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know, I know we have only played 3 times, but how come each of those games the referee has been frenzied when waving cards about.

But a quick scan down tonights games, and I think the most was 3, with all the others just the 1 or 2.

I know tomorrow there will be 5 or 6, fingers crossed they are just yellow.
We aren't a dirty side, and I doubt Cardiff are, but I bet the bookings go through the roof.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Carrying this over to today.

I've just scanned through the other matches, and yes once again, we had considerably more cards than any other match.
Inc Ipswich who had 2 sent off.

Again I didn't think the game was too 'dirty', but still 8 bookings.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cardiff weren't dirty and nor were Blackpool. Doncaster on the other hand were, shall we say, 'physical', whilst Portsmouth were just plain f**king filthy ! In all those games, we've held our own physically and that's a really good thing. However, the cards are mounting up and that's not a good thing, obviously. Today was never a game that warranted the 5 yellows, that's for sure. The standard of refereeing, once again, just isn't very good it seems.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Only 1 yellow today for Calderon's tackle near the end. Only one for them too. This is more like it. I said to my boy today after just a few minutes in that the ref looked like he was going to let the game flow, and so it proved to be. Well done Gavin Ward, hardly noticed him today which is exactly the way it should be :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here